Second post, regarding YMAA,

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Second post, regarding YMAA,

Postby thecrowrains » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:03 pm

I realize being a "newbie" here to this forum might result in little to no replies.

I'll try to keep this succinct:
A. I reside in usa: Alaska.

B. I'm hoping to receive any bit of info from YMAA students "HOW" this vast school-lineage promotes itself OR if it intends on spreading its lineage to Alaska????

C. I have prior training in N. Shaolin; but hope to join the YMAA. Anyone here know if YMAA conducts distance-learning-correspondence?

thank you,
Eric
thecrowrains
Forum Regular

Postby zipwolf » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:18 am

the YMAA deals in videos etc. but does not do distance learning correspondance. The day it DOES, i'll start considering moving to studying under Ashida Kim.
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Hephaestus » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:05 pm

"Distance Learning" via YMAA just isn't done in the way that some schools handle it.
YMAA offers instructional videos, seminars, and camps. As I understand it, if you were to learn all of the material for a stripe level via video, seminar, and a whole heck of a lot of practice, you could probably test at a YMAA branch (after brushing up with a couple of private lessons?)

I believe that as it stands, there is no distance testing, or distribution of rank without at least some hands-on training and a formal test, like any in-school student.
~H
Hephaestus
Forum Contributor

Postby Walter Wong » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:12 pm

I'm sorry there isn't an Alaska YMAA currently. If one was to open one in Alaska, a YMAA trained qualified student will have to move to Alaska and open a YMAA there.

The only option now to recieve live YMAA training is to make the big sacrafice and moved to the area that has a YMAA branch or attend YMAA seminars.

Or call Master Yang at headquarters 617-524-8892 to see what other possible options are.
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu