Origins of Yi Lu Mai Fu

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby anarcapeack » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:59 pm

HI, I not know to much about Maifuquan.
I know that there are a taolu in Chaquan with this name, in Beishaolin of Gu Ruzhang too, and in Meihua Changquan of Taiwan (from Han Qingtang).
I not see the practise of it.
Yi lu and Er lu are from Chaquan, Beishaolin or Meihua?
anarcapeack
Forum User

Postby Walter Wong » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:38 am

Yi Lu Mei Fu, Er Lu Mei Fu, Shi Zi Tang I think I recall are from Taizu Chang Chuan ironically that we have a form named that as well from the YMAA Long Fist curricullum. I'll have to confirm with Master Yang on the origin of Yi Lu Mei Fu. I had this talk to Master Yang a long time ago. He also mentioned something about Er Lu Mei Fu not being created by the same style that Yi Lu Mei Fu's from. That Er Lu Mei Fu was added much much later so it's originality is questionable.

Xiao Hu Yuan is a Praying Mantis sequence. But is not related to the Yi Lu Mei Fu and etc. sequences. The moves appear similar cause they both have Long Fist like movements. Xiao Hu Yuan was modified to have "Long Fist" flavor. So Xiao Hu Yuan is typically Long Fist style Praying Mantis. So hence Xiao Hu Yuan looking similar to Yi Lu Mei Fu.
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby Walter Wong » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:45 am

Just talked to Master Yang last night regarding Yi Lu Mei Fu.

Yes, Yi Lu Mei Fu, Er Lu Mei Fu, Shi Zi Tan, San Lu Pao, Taizu Chang Chuan, Si Lu Ben Za and Cha Chuan forms of the YMAA Long Fist curricullum are from the Cha Chuan Men or Chang Chuan Men. My short term memory is not serving me well right now. All from Nan King Kuo Su Institute. And YMAA's Tan Tui set is from Nan King Kuo Su Institute which was taught by Wang Zi Ping. Wang Zi Ping taught at Nan King Kuo Su Institute at the time. The set of forms mentioned above was from Nan King Kuo Su Institute as well and I think was taught by Wang Zi Ping as well if I recall from last night's discussion. Damn memory.

Lien Bu Chuan was created at Nan King Kuo Su Institute.

Gong Li Chuan was trained at Ching Woo Association back when it started in 1908.

Nan King Kuo Su Institute started in 1928 and they adopted Gong Li Chuan into their training.
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby MidwestMantis » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:03 pm

Not surprising as northern mantis borrowed from 17 other styles. So it would make sense that certain postures or techniques would seem similar. My line of mantis has several long fist forms, including Piercing Hammer, Four Routes Running Combat, inter alia.

As far as Roaring Tiger, I thought the hybirdization came from the Chin Woo club. Could be wrong, it has happened once or twice or ten thousand times. :D
MidwestMantis
Forum Regular

Postby anarcapeack » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:32 pm

Yilu Maifuquan and Erlu Maifuquan are from the same sistem?
There are peoples that practisent Chaquan or Beishaolin of Gu Ruzhang that can to compare their Maifuquan with this 2 taolu in Ymaa curriculum?
anarcapeack
Forum User

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu