Magnets & Ion Bracelets & similar products

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qi Gong and Magnetism

Postby panayiotis » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:14 am

I 've tried practicing qi gong while standing on powerful magnets, and the result is that meditation feels much stronger... In other words, magnetism enhances meditation.... A very good website is www.roaringlionpublishing.com where Peter Ragnar is selling a course called 'Magnetic Qi Gong'... check it out
panayiotis
Just Arrived

Postby TonyM. » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:45 am

I find that magnets and any metal or stones interfere with my chi circulation. Initially they helped, but after time they became an anoyance.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:12 am

If you guys want to hear about something totally out there, body modification enthusiasts are beginning to implant silicon coated magnets underneath their skin - permanently. These are very small magnets, like the size of a grain of rice.

Some of the effects that people are reporting are that they can sense magnetic fields (such as a anti-theft detector at the library) and those generated by motors.

I know some of the people invovled however they are not qigong practitioners so i cannot get a feel for who this affects their overall qi.

There is an interview and information on the subject at http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20040226.html
Flip
Forum Addict

Postby OnlyMe » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:44 pm

I have one magnetic ring to bind them all...and when I find where I put the damn thing your all in trouble :twisted:

Seriously though, I never tried these rings, could be gimmick but then it could be legit. Problem being we are all created differently, so the affects might be positive for me, but negative for you. Experiment is the best way.
OnlyMe
Forum Addict

Postby darth_freak » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:44 pm

I was wondering what would happen when you stop using that kind of thing after a long using. you may have had open qi chanels or increase it so you felt healthier because there was more or something was stronger, so when you stop you may fall in the state you were before using those things...Just a thought but what do you think?
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Pooh_Tao » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:21 am

One way to verify the credibility of said products would be looking at the history of qigong. Generally, I find that if there is a new product to with martial arts (or many other aspects of life) it is usually a mass produceable adaption of a classical chinese device.

So, we may be able to find out whether these things work if there was an equivalent device in chinese history. Anybody know any?

(If there are none, then I'm guessing it's pretty unlikely that they'd work to well. They'd have probably been found earlier. The chinese generally discover everything about a thousand years before everyone else :P)
A fish can't bird, but a bird can fly
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston pie.
Winnie The Pooh

The fish would be foolish to seek escape from its natural environment.
Lao-Tse

Coincidence?
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby Pooh_Tao » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:22 am

computer went crazy. someone please delete this post.
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby Archonstone » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:20 pm

I know of an arthritic golfer that uses the magnetic bracelets and he and other people swear by them. The magnets are in pairs and its an open braclet. A ring would not create the field of force as the bracelets might. A closed ring would have the lines of force in the metal itself.
The bracelets are worn on the wrist or ankles. I would guess that depending on the polarity of the magnets it would either encourage a yin or yang flow. The body would have to regulate the rest. Most of the bracelets have a copper component to them, and that element also seems to help people with arthritis.

Implants. The problem then is controlling the flows. Detection can be developed. I have done the fire breath in between the store theft device detectors and set it off, once. I need to verify if I can do it again.

MRI are an affect that aligns hydrogen atoms, and measure magnetic moment. The collagen fibers down the meridians are directional flow of hydrogen ions (proton exchange). I think once you can retain Qi, you could feel the MRI, at least I did, not down the meridians but in the different resevoirs.

Good luck on your endeavors.
Bill
Archonstone
Forum Newbie

Postby scramasax57 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:17 pm

"Dr. Hoenikker used to say that any scientist who couldn't explain to an eight-year-old what he was doing was a charlatan."
-Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

nice use of science terms, but it doesn't really mean anything to me.
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung