energy stored

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

energy stored

Postby alfie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:56 am

can someone tell me,energy stored at the lower dan tien what effect does it have on the practitioner even if you do not manipulate it i.e embryonic breathing
alfie
Forum Newbie

Re: energy stored

Postby joeblast » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:42 pm

EB would not be so much "manipulation" as it would be "conditioning" or "enhancing charge."

what effect does cultivating it have...

all the body's energetic systems flow forth...the deeper it is, the longer your reserves last, and more potent amplitudes able to be generated...

or were you looking for something a little more specific? 8)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby alfie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:40 pm

I don't feel very comfortable moving the chi to a part of my body and back to dan tien because in dr.yangs white crane he said you can lead qi and it can get stuck .which is bad news.however I am guessing that as long as I move it out dan tien and then back to dan tien its ok?
alfie
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:54 pm

yi directs qi all the time. no need to be afraid, just understand the process. until you really feel potentials, then you wont feel much, but the intent of returning qi to dantien is sufficient to begin with...and also it will help cultivating deep stillness.

I played with my buddy's Flukemeter before, set it to ohms, and could push around the resistance values. Even make it go to 0 - but it would not stay long before the body's energy snapped back to a more normal configuration.

injuries from "stuck qi" only really have the potential to happen if you ignore the fundamentals of stillness and properly closing down energy work - and do enough cultivation to gain significant charge in the dantien (few people accomplish this anyway)...but you really have to practice improperly enough to obtain some juice and not be mindful and do things improperly for it to injure you.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung