Back Pain!

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Back Pain!

Postby tommy2010 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:44 am

I'm a 21 year old male. I'm a firefighter and today during a training I got a little full of myself and stated to run with about 165lbs on my back. After about 12 steps I felt an excruciating pain in my lower back. The pain has been chronic and I suspect I have a herniated disk. What do I do about this? What would be the first step to getting this taken care of?
tommy2010
Just Arrived

Postby darth_freak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:28 am

see a doc, xrays or things alike then come back here.
If you got hernia it requires very specific care and a lot of movements are not to be done until you get better.
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 am

unfortunately X rays dont show disc herniations all that well but they are a good cheap preliminary that a doc can look at and can usually tell if there's something amiss, though full detail will likely require an MRI, which can be expensive esp if you dont have insurance for it.

xrays will show a subluxation, though.

different bustings of the back will manifest slightly differently, so if its still bothering at this point it definitely needs to be looked at.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Re: Back Pain!

Postby thomasmite996 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:51 am

Dear back bone is very important and is only a way of connection between the upper and lower body.
I thing you have to do some exercises. By this your back muscles are become strong. Then you can pull 165 lbs weight and run for 20 to 40 steps.
It will good for you and your health...
thomasmite996
Forum Newbie

Postby Phalanxpursos » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:23 am

Strategemata Liber Secundus;
"VIII: Restore Morale with Firmness"
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby goldenrooster » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:34 am

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any exercises that might help with lower back pain?
Would any Qi Gong breathing exercises help?
Thank you,

Golden Rooster
goldenrooster
Just Arrived

Postby joeblast » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 pm

for back pain, a lot of times it depends on your injury, what appropriate exercises are to be prescribed is a tough call to make. the breathing helps in an indirect way, but to get rid of the pain it really needs to be stretched a few times a day, just within the comfortable range to avoid hurting it further. you can consider any of these exercises or treatments with the hippocratic oath in mind, firstly do no harm. you can push the range as healing takes place. just have to remember that there are no active lubricating mechanisms for joints, the activity must all come from you, so appropriate exercise cant be stressed enough.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Dvivid » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:46 am

Here is an article Dr. Yang wrote about back pain.
http://ymaa.com/articles/some-stretchin ... -back-pain
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to Injury and recovery