Can Qigong help to grow my hair back?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Can Qigong help to grow my hair back?

Postby hairgrowth » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 pm

My hair has been thinning for years now (Male Pattern Baldness which american medicine says is genetic).

Can qigong grow my hair back? I noticed that Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming has thinning hair too. We both must have some sort of internal imbalance or hormonal imbalance for this to occur. Our folicles are sensitive to DHT & Inflammation.

How can I recover my hair using Qigong? Is it even possible to direct chi to my scalp to grow my hair back? Also some people say masturbation causes hairloss, is this at all true?
hairgrowth
Just Arrived

Postby joeblast » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:02 am

hehehe...in our quest, the ego is one of those things that has to go, otherwise it will wind up being a great hindrance. I actually like a shaved head better! :lol:

I've heard there's methods to stimulate the scalp to enough of a degree, but imho the time required in cultivation to really manifest that result wouldnt be worth the time. There are far more important aspects to work on!

That said, the bits of scalp massage that are in a couple of dr yang's books work pretty well for closing down from meditation.

Masturbation...well, its more excessive sexual activity - but yes, solo is more detrimental in this regard because you arent getting that replenishing exchange of energy. Among the more important things is just to "be natural" with the regularity, although that has been rather warped by society and we dont really have too much of an idea of what "normal" is in that regard any longer. Depends on age, but no matter how old or young one is, one can absolutely have too much of a good thing.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Josh Young » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:15 pm

give it up, you might as well as for qigong to change your eye or skin color to one you like better...

there is no qigong cure for genetic conditions

if you are losing hair from stress alone, then qigong could help, but that is something else entirely
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Masturbation and hair loss

Postby runestone0 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:32 pm

If masturbation caused hair loss I wouldn't have eyebrows!
Bob Ellal
runestone0
Forum Contributor

Postby Dvivid » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:54 pm

lol, anyway, the basis response is... NO. Probably not any qigong to regrow hair. You MIGHT slow the loss a bit.

But, Josh, one statement isn't exactly true:
"There is no qigong cure for genetic conditions"

This is a separate subject. While it IS true that qigong/meditation will not change your genes or your DNA, qigong does change your gene expression.

The study of epigenetics demonstrates that your environment, and more importantly, your mind, controls which genes are expressed moment-to-moment. This means that certain hereditary conditions can be relieved permanently with qigong, as it can change your gene expression, and the "disease" does not manifest.

More interestingly, the genes expression traits at the time you conceive a child are passed on.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

regrow hair

Postby runestone0 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:06 pm

I lost about half my hair during my cancer/chemo fun and games in the early nineties. Despite a good hour or more of standing post and some moving exercises each day, it hasn't grown back. I really don't care--it's only hair. A chick I dated told me I should get hair plugs for the bald spots--I told her she should get a wig with some brains in it. That relationship didn't last, of course.

Regarding gene expression: How would that fit into my experience: four bouts of supposedly terminal lymphoma years back. My oncologist guaranteed me it would continue to relapse--that was almost 15 years ago and I've been clear of cancer since. Has qigong practice changed my gene expression?
Bob Ellal
runestone0
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:43 pm

if you consider the electromagnetic reactions that take place as the polymerase/helicase unwinds and replicates DNA, a certain inducement of potential from the body perpendicular to the small electric current of the reaction could possibly have a subtle effect on the quality of replication...hmmm...how aware are you? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teV62zrm2P0
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

qigong hair growth

Postby runestone0 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:31 pm

How aware am I? I'm still vertical and no doubt perpendicular to something--perhaps the moons of Neptune. If I get horizontal and am perpendicular to my own shadow--and I can report back--I'll let you know.
Bob Ellal
runestone0
Forum Contributor

Postby Dvivid » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:44 am

RuneBob, yes, your qigong probably made the difference. The great thing about epigenetics is that it proves the old idiom of "mind over matter", with western medical language, research, and data.

Meditating and thinking about healing makes your body heal in the short term, you develop a habit of being in this state of healthier being: which affects your neurotransmitters, NK cells, etc. You know the rest better than anyone.

Joe - the beauty of it is, you do not need to know a thing about genes or energy or physiology; you just need to have a strong intention to heal and the ability to relax deeply in a meditative state.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

qigong hair growth

Postby runestone0 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:05 am

I agree--it's probably best not to know about genetic expression and so forth, as the imagination can take over and lead one down the garden path. For example, when I first began studying with Rami Rones, he didn't even mention the word "chi." He just focused on the benefits of qigong from a Western point-of-view. So the imagination wouldn't take over and suddenly one is bursting with energy after practicing for two days. This happens all the time; I've seen it in seminars. People think they are "chi" prodigies, mastering in minutes what takes masters decades to accomplish.

Some tai chi chuan students I know never shut up about chi; they believe that doing the form and a bit of push hands and they're suddenly invincible. From what I've seen of the internal arts the power emanates from subtle, refined body mechanics--not "chi." Which takes a long time to be able to do well.
Bob Ellal
runestone0
Forum Contributor

A suggestion to deal with the hair loss...

Postby Shen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 am

If you have the book called the Eye of Revelation, it details some movements called the five tibetan rites and a hair regrowth method to be done alongside them after your getting good results from the main movements. make sure its the 1939 or the recently republished 1946 edition by jr-books as certain modern variants do not have the hair regrowth method in them and dilute the theory behind the movements.

P.S. I'm almost 23 and was starting to lose my hair at age 20, haven't lost a hair since I had employed this method. Hope this helps good sir.

Warmest Regards,

Shen
Shen
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung