hello, new here

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

hello, new here

Postby warriorarts09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:43 am

hey, great forum, I do Qi gong everyday and teach it at my martial art school... I see new practitioners having hard time felling chi on alot of forums..
most of my students or friends i get to do this will feel it right away..

Before you start your exercise open your fingers, ask for the universal energy to let you know when the universal energy is in your body, put tongue on roof of mouth, breath in and out 3 times, you should feel a tingle or warmth in the hands, universal energy is now in your body, So now begin your Qi Gong routine...
warriorarts09
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Asking the universe sounds a little suspicious.

By "opening your fingers" you are already sending electromotive force from the mind to the hand, which is in effect leading the Qi.

Every one of the 100 trillion living cells in your body already has energy in it, all day, every day.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Re: hello, new here

Postby joeblast » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 am

warriorarts09 wrote: ask for the universal energy to let you know when the universal energy is in your body
By that rationale, your mind's echo of a reply would be "when wasn't it?" :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby warriorarts09 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:03 pm

far as im concerned asking for the universal energy helps bring in more energy to aid in healing your body... I am not stupid in Qi Gong, I already healed myself of lung disease
warriorarts09
Forum User

Postby DEADLI. » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:49 am

Welcome Warrior.
What type of qigong do you practice?
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby warriorarts09 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:26 pm

hello, I did spring forest Qi Gong up to level 4, Been doing meditation mostly lately. I switch it up, right Im doin 5 animal and 8 piece brocade for a few weeks in the mornings, but spring forest by Chunyi Lin in my main one far as healing and strengthening chi..
warriorarts09
Forum User

Postby DEADLI. » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:38 am

Yeah i thought what you said sounded very Spring Forest.
They've turned off the personal messaging here. There's a few things i'd like to ask you about SFQ, send me a message on FaceBook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/palmer.anson
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby warriorarts09 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:52 am

That link wouldnt take to your facebook..
warriorarts09
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 pm

I've heard plenty of excellent things about SFQ - I tried the active exercises once and they are quite good. I didnt mean to insinuate that you are ignorant with regards to qigong, my understanding just differs slightly - the vortices that are your chakras/dantiens can extract energy from the void, which is logically similar in a fashion, but with a slight fundamental shift in point of view ;) Either way at root it is all about intent!
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby DEADLI. » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:13 am

Sorry warrior, this one should work
http://www.facebook.com/palmer.anson

Liam
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby Dvivid » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:04 am

Private messaging was shut off on the site because it was being exploited to send SPAM to users. The revised website code in the next version of YMAA.com will not allow spam. Stay tuned.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby warriorarts09 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:08 pm

sorry, no offense taking,, does anyone else feel that ther chi is stronger now a days lately? I been reading that with the pole shifts and the earths energy changing peoples energy systems are stronger.. spiritual awaking in this time of the universe. Just interesting stuff i been reading about..
warriorarts09
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:07 pm

the magnetic pole phenomena is very intriguing - the very first expedition to the magnetic north pole marked its location, and...20, 30? years later the expedition found it to be some 40km away from its previous measured location!

from current movements, extrapolated linearly the magnetic north pole would be in siberia by 2025ish - unless of course we experience some event that flips the magnetic pole - we're well overdue for a pole flippage from what I've read.

If there's going to be a 2012 event, that would be the most logical choice!

Chi may be stronger, maybe its due to practice, maybe not...either way, more reason to practice! :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby cgarland » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:23 pm

warriorarts09 wrote:hey, great forum, I do Qi gong everyday and teach it at my martial art school... I see new practitioners having hard time felling chi on alot of forums..
most of my students or friends i get to do this will feel it right away..

Before you start your exercise open your fingers, ask for the universal energy to let you know when the universal energy is in your body, put tongue on roof of mouth, breath in and out 3 times, you should feel a tingle or warmth in the hands, universal energy is now in your body, So now begin your Qi Gong routine...

this sounds kind of flaky and to tell you the truth you may not be aware of it and you may not relize or intend it but if you go around experimenting too much with tongue to roof of mouth and circulating energy without really knowing what you are doingand without your studnets really knowing what they are doing you could actually cause harm to your students. it might sound silly but it could result in tinnitus, headaches, or even more serious problems. i think we should all be aware that there is a real tendency that we have in the west to see something and just think i can do it, why not, the eastern way that we are attracted to in the first place is based more on humility, and knowing that there is a lot more that we do not know than we do know, if you do not really know and be honest with yourself, then dont do it, find someone who really does know first.
cgarland
Forum Contributor

Postby John the Monkey mind » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:24 am

Maybe but finding good qi gong masters is not easy and I and many others have tried stuff without tuition and its been ok. Small steps and small power and harm is unlikely. It also depends what your doing. External elixir harmless as is embryonic breathing. I doubt most would go further than that. I am lucky as I have a teacher showing me how to apply internal force and do bone breathing but the more basic stuff I did on my own for a long time with no harm done.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby warriorarts09 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:05 am

I dont know what is flaky about it, we all have it in us, jesus even tried to teach us...
Did anyone here ever merge with the masters energy? it can be quite something... Qi Gong dosent have to be complicated .. There is many forms of energy work out there. My studies are under a qi gong master of 40 years.

And I do know what I am doing... You wont displace you chi energy after a session if you do harvesting of chi, it takes 28 minuits for chi to go circulate through your body after a Qi Gong session, that is one season.. For best results you can do 4 seasons(one year) in one day,can just do one or two if you want, up to you, whatever you do is good, just remember good, better and best.....after a session, make sure you wait at least half hour before doing more...
Not here to argue.... I think discussion of this is great...
warriorarts09
Forum User

Postby cgarland » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:15 am

John the Monkey mind wrote:Maybe but finding good qi gong masters is not easy and I and many others have tried stuff without tuition and its been ok. Small steps and small power and harm is unlikely. It also depends what your doing. External elixir harmless as is embryonic breathing. I doubt most would go further than that. I am lucky as I have a teacher showing me how to apply internal force and do bone breathing but the more basic stuff I did on my own for a long time with no harm done.

There are those who go further and not realizing can harm themselves or others. I believe that is very important to build a strong foundation first both to acheiev maximum benefit of qi gong and also to avoid any harmful side effects. We had someone come by who had read stuff and tried stuff way past his level and it was alittle scary, not just tinitus and headaches but blurred vison, memory loss, and he had mental problems that were made worse by his experimenting. If a person is unable to keep their chi sunk low intheir tan tien and it gets stuck in their head it is not good. It sounds like you have experience and have a root so that is one thing plus you sound like you are being cautious, but the general public that you might be teaching may not have the foundation you do, and you might get someone who's chi rises up to their head, and if they live in their heads anyway like so many of us int he west do, and they also lack the ability to sink their chi to their tan tien it could make them sick.
cgarland
Forum Contributor

Postby cgarland » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:35 am

warriorarts09 wrote:I dont know what is flaky about it, we all have it in us, jesus even tried to teach us...
Did anyone here ever merge with the masters energy? it can be quite something... Qi Gong dosent have to be complicated .. There is many forms of energy work out there. My studies are under a qi gong master of 40 years.

And I do know what I am doing... You wont displace you chi energy after a session if you do harvesting of chi, it takes 28 minuits for chi to go circulate through your body after a Qi Gong session, that is one season.. For best results you can do 4 seasons(one year) in one day,can just do one or two if you want, up to you, whatever you do is good, just remember good, better and best.....after a session, make sure you wait at least half hour before doing more...
Not here to argue.... I think discussion of this is great...

it is just the wording, universal energy that reminds of flaky people, not that you are one of them and with 40 years experience I am certainly your junior. there are people out there who do not exercise responsibility on this subject, it is important that we are aware of it. Spring Forest chi gong is definitely more for everyone and least likely to cause harm. much respect, not here to argue either.
cgarland
Forum Contributor

Postby warriorarts09 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:36 am

Spring forest is good. Chunyi lin touched on alot of things in there, so many systems out there, I find it best to do one you like the most, its all energy work.... SFQ does teach harvesting of chi, and good energy work, great for all... I do other than SFQ. But lately I been doin one hour per day of an exercise from SFQ.. doing this for 100 days, then later in day I do more qigong... I concentrate on lungs, cause of problems from the past... in my later sessions.... I agree with you on many people doing Qigong without proper knowledge. I know a guy that does tai chi and qigong in a town close to here. I ask them about it, and they dont have a clue what there doing and why,, just learning a bunch of exercises... that s no good...

Intention comes from the soul and the mind moves the visualization....(energy) ..
warriorarts09
Forum User

Postby warriorarts09 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:49 am

one more thing, my master has 40 years, not me...
warriorarts09
Forum User

Next

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung