Breaking up the 8 sections of Brocade

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Breaking up the 8 sections of Brocade

Postby Maestromap » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Is it OK to do the 8 section of Brocade in sections. i.e. 4 exercises at one time and the other 4 later? I do them in the morning and I don't have time to do all 8. I usually either do the first 4 in the morning and the last 4 either later that same day or the next morning or I do the 1st,3rd,5th, and 7th exercises then do the 2nd, 4th,6th, and 8th later. Is this OK?

Thanks,
Michael
Maestromap
Forum Contributor

Postby John the Monkey mind » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:43 am

It wont damage you but it will lesson the impact some what. Its not like it takes that long to do the total thing anyway. You could effectively tag parts on the start of Taiji practice. Not that I am any better in my practice but I know I could be doing better if I used more structure in my training.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 am

Most often exercises that come in a set are in that format for a reason; e.g. the benefits are conveyed by virtue of the accumulated whole.

If you dont have enough time for 8 brocades, it would be advisable to start a little earlier or do less reps. It wont be detrimental to break it up, but it most certainly wont have close to the same benefit.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung