Unusual electrical occurrences

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Unusual electrical occurrences

Postby runestone0 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:33 pm

I had an odd experience in my body some years back after I'd been practicing standing post for five or six years. I was at the wake of a good friend's father and my buddy's sister approached me, said "I hated the bastard--I want to be healed" (she knew of my battles with cancer--but I don't know a damn thing about healing!). As she said this she grabbed my hands--and a current of electricity pinned my feet to the floor. It was the greatest euphoria of my life. I felt no pain from the bone cancer damage; I felt like I was having a whole body orgasm. This lasted for ten or 15 seconds while she held my hands; when she let go I was back in my usual degree of pain. I asked her the next day at the funeral and she said she had felt the same thing--then quickly looked away.

Anyone else have these types of experiences? The odd thing is that night I had a dream that I was dead, zipping over the ground with that same electrical current running through me. Frankly, I was disappointed when I woke up.
Bob Ellal
runestone0
Forum Contributor

Postby yeniseri » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 pm

One should never become attached to the dream state but learn self regulation and self discipline to correct the "imbalance". Only the individual experiencing the event can "change the picture" and it begins with self cherishing behaviour. Decrease that and the dream state will change accordingly!
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

electrical occurences

Postby runestone0 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:13 pm

You missed the point--I was asking about electical occurences. This happened to me once, as did the dream. An anomaly. I'm not attached to it--just curious. Please, spare me the "navelgaze-eze."
Bob Ellal
runestone0
Forum Contributor

Postby gnoqis » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:35 am

This is the direct perception of Qi. Not that all Qi experiences must be so vivid. But whether subtle or strong, Qi flow can feel like electrical current, charged water or steam.

In my experience it can be accompanied by a feeling of "fixing" as if something internally is being corrected, repaired.
gnoqis
Forum User

Re: electrical occurences

Postby yeniseri » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:34 am

runestone0 wrote:You missed the point--I was asking about electical occurences. This happened to me once, as did the dream. An anomaly. I'm not attached to it--just curious. Please, spare me the "navelgaze-eze."

My apologies!
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

electrical occurences

Postby runestone0 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:31 pm

Mine, too--shouldn't have snapped at you. Too much yang energy--back to abdominal breathing. Reverse breathing makes me want to leave blood on a makiwara!
Bob Ellal
runestone0
Forum Contributor

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung