YMAA Silk Uniforms: Are they for Hot and Humid Climates?

Discuss training methods, physiology, pedagogy, psychology, morality. Conquer yourself, contribute. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

YMAA Silk Uniforms: Are they for Hot and Humid Climates?

Postby stoic » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing a YMAA Silk Uniform. However, the only hesitation that I have is whether it will be too hot for my steamy, humid, and sweltering climate here in the South. I'm thinking that cotton would be a better idea, but, I've never worn a raw silk uniform. Is this type of silk uniform cool enough for a very hot and humid climate?

Finally, in observing the dimensions of the uniforms, it appears that the white differs from the black in size--it's bigger in some areas.

:D
stoic
Forum Newbie

Postby stoic » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:27 pm

No one has purchased one of these great looking YMAA silk uniforms who lives in a hot and humid climate? :?: :lol: Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
stoic
Forum Newbie

ymaa silk uniforms

Postby dc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 am

this is just me -- and anyone who feels differently, please comment -- but the ymaa raw silk unis are pretty toasty. when i would go to tournaments up in new england, i could only wear them right before going on because i would just start sweating.

HOWEVER, they are otherwise very comfortable, especially the pants. i also think they have shorts for sale...

bottom line: you might not wear them everyday in LA, but they might be a good idea for special occasions, like demos, tournaments, and first dates.
dc
Forum Guru

Return to General Training and Practice