Zouhuo rumo Fear!

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Zouhuo rumo Fear!

Postby Shinobibeatz1234 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:42 am

I started practicing qigong! The 1s book i got was Instant Health: The Shaolin Qigong Workout For Longevity By Shifu Yan Lei, and after that book i purchase the The Eight (8) Pieces of Brocade DVD and Book. Theres a part in the Eight pieces of brocade book that talks about Nei Dan (Internal) exirsise can be dangerous! So my fear is i don't want to catch a mental condition called Zouhuo rumo. In the The Shaolin Qigong Workout For Longevity it talks about reversed abdominal breathing (When You Inhale the Stomach contracts and the air goes into the lungs and chest and on the exhale the stomach expands), it also say that this type of breathing is good for sitting meditation. But i'm still afraid if i do reversed abdominal breathing meditation for too long (1 HR) then i might have a problem with the Qi because in Dr. Yang Understanding Qigong DVD he said that you can't have too much Yin or Yang and It has to be balance like a fan with good speed!

Than You For Reading
Shinobibeatz1234
Forum Regular

Postby joeblast » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:03 am

I'll start by saying I've never personally seen anyone affected by this, but at the same time, I can see how this may happen - but it is not with any sort of 'normal' or elementary qigong. I didnt know the term Zouhuo rumo so I searched and it seems that some people attribute this phenomenon to any qigong at all! Quite silly.

This condition is easily preventable by proper practice.

The faster a particular method works, the larger potential of this phenomena happening - therefore safety measures are imperative, such as no forcing things to happen and always spend a good amount of time doing shougong/closedown routines that bring the energy back to the lower dantien. If one was doing a neigung that involved the brain and didnt spend the proper time settling afterwards, then after a while, many sessions, the likelihood of deviation is higher. (The basics are what you use to close down after using the advanced methods...so if you get right to the advanced without learning the basic...well that is not a good approach, like starting to climb steep rocks without ropes!)

Always following the guidelines of your teacher is the way to be safe with what you have learned.

The simple stuff you mentioned have virtually zero chance of deviation. Health and longevity are among the first manifestations of a good and successful practice!

Reverse breathing you must make sure you can do it properly - if you can do it properly for an hour and then sit calmly afterwards, there should be no issue. Just make sure you arent totally messing up the motions, the power is in the coherence of the movements. If you arernt having good luck with keeping everything coherent using reverse breathing, then perhaps try natural abdominal breathing instead. Its not as powerful but it is easier to do, easier to do coherently. (Its mostly what I use, matter of fact...)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Shinobibeatz1234 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:38 pm

thanks for the answer, and i will continue to do the breathing exircises
Shinobibeatz1234
Forum Regular

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung