Qi and 24 times around

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qi and 24 times around

Postby LINDEN » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:55 am

Hello, I'm new in qi gong (and French, so sorry for my English) and I read in various places that the man had to do 24 times around the tan dien with their hands while women must do 36 times . Can anyone explain to me why?

Bonjour, je suis nouveau en qi gong (et français alors désolé pour mon anglais réduit) et j'ai lu en divers endroits que les homme devaient faire 24 fois le tour du tan dien avec leurs mains alors que les femmes doivent le faire 36 fois. Quelqu'un peut il m'expliquer pourquoi?

:?:
LINDEN
Forum Newbie

Postby Dvivid » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:52 am

No, this is incorrect.

These arbitrary numbers are only a suggestion so that you take the time to repeat each exercise until it affects the area you are working on.

Practice any qigong movement or massage until the area you are working on feels warm and stimulated.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby LINDEN » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Dvivid Hello,

Thanks for your reply. It remains a question, why the number of repetitions is it different for men and women?
LINDEN
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:51 pm

They arent 8)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Dvivid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:42 am

There is no difference in the number of repetitions for men and women. Many myths have been passed down over the 4,000 years of qigong history, like placing the left hand over right, or right hand over left...consider anything like this a matter of preference, and not a qigong practice guideline.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby LINDEN » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Thank you for that clarification. I'm starting now at work.
LINDEN
Forum Newbie

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung