Qigong and Mysticism

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qigong and Mysticism

Postby Urgeist » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:35 pm

I took a fairly in depth course on Qigong for three months at my martial arts school. I do not know the name of the Qigong style we learned there, but it involved gathing the bodies qi and leading it from the dantien, through the genitals / anus, up the spine, into the brain and back into the Dantien. That was the climax of the form. This was a while back and I havent been practicing this Qigong set due to time constraints. However, I remember my teacher saying that if one does this for a year one will have a sort of "mystical" experience - he described it as feeling like one is surrounding full of white light and everything is very peaceful. I do not remember my teacher's name either but he was very knowledgeable in martial arts. What do forum users make of such claims? Is qigong a form of mysticism?
Urgeist
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

Such claims are well within reach if you train for them properly. You dont even need to necessarily do the MCO route to get those effects, you can get there merely with proper breath and sitting every evening.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung