Resources for practicing Zhan-Zhuang

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Resources for practicing Zhan-Zhuang

Postby Rafael » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi.

Can anybody recommend good resources for practicing Zhan-Zhuang (Standing meditation) in book/articles or DVD format?

Two resources that i know of are:
1. Way of energy by lam kam chuen
2. Wudang Taijiquan - Zhan-Zhuan, 108-sequence, and Martial Applications (YMAA)

I'm a total beginner and also i have a general fatigue problem (tire easily) and i thought that practicing Zhan-Zhuang could help raise my levels of energy if i invested a diligent effort in it.

Also is the "Wudang Taijiquan - Zhan-Zhuan" DVD is suitable for beginners?

Any suggestions/recommendations regarding Zhan-Zhuan will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rafael
Rafael
Forum User

Postby John the Monkey mind » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:20 am

The Wudang Taijiquan - Zhan-Zhuan, 108-sequence, and Martial Applications (YMAA) is suitable for a beginner that will take things slowly. There is a lot of material on the disk so if you practice the basics slowly over time you could make progress from it.

I love the disk but am studying the long Yang form at the moment so have done little more than watch it through once.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:36 am

Yes, that DVD is for beginners.

It has a moving version of Zhan-Zhuan that has become a favorite part of my classes. It has the same benefits as stationary Zhan-Zhuan, but somehow tends to work better for beginners.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung