problem with Yi Jin Jing

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

problem with Yi Jin Jing

Postby Denas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Dear forum members,

I have learnt Yi Jin Jing from book "Qi for health and martial arts" and have a problem.
After each practice I start feeling sensations of my teeth becoming loose (but they are not loose) and my gums around teeth become swollen and painful. Must I stop practice or I am doing something wrong? Any ideas?

Regards,
Denas
Denas
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:21 am

Are you doing anything with your teeth? Such as tapping them as in the Sitting Eight Brocades?

Or is this just a random physical sensation?
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Denas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks for reply.
No, I am not doing anything with my teeth.
I think that from chinese medical perspective tooth and gums are connected with kidneys and liver meridians (and some others). Probably due to yi jin jing practice there is some blockage in these energy pathways and because happens unpleasant sensations in my tooth and swollen gums (wind fire). But I don't know extratly what is the cause. I heard that practicing such powerful exercises like yi jin jing without masters supervision can damage body internal organs. I think that due to blockage chi may get stuck in some point and overheat organs.
So do you think I must stop practice and do some gentler exercises like 8 Brocade chi kung?
How long time it usually takes to see first effects of yi jin jing? I am practicing four weeks now twice a day but no noticeable improvements.
Should I buy the book "Qigong the secret of youth"? Is there more information how to practice this exercise safely? And is it available in ebook format?
Den
Denas
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:50 pm

Do you clench your teeth? While sleeping? I heard that symptom is correlated with a mineral deficiency, although I dont recall which or how strong the correlation was.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby DavidR » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:30 pm

It might be wise to stop until you can determine what is going on and why.
And yes, the book "Qigong Secret of Youth" has the training in more detail. You should spend time with that book.

Hope this helps.

David
David Ripianzi
Publisher
YMAA Publication Center
DavidR
Forum Contributor

Postby Denas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:36 pm

No, I do not clench my teeth. When I stopped practicing yi jin jing all symptoms disapeared. The cause is yi jn jing, but I don't know if I should continue practice or stop it. Probably I'll shift to gentler exercises.
Regards,
Denas
Denas
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:43 am

did you just start yjj from...no prior training? do you have any prior training? sometimes certain trainings can be too much too fast and you wind up flyin by the seat of your pants...
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Denas » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:57 am

I have trained horse stance for a year and micro-meditation.
Denas
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:16 am

that in and of itself will provide great benefits!
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Dvivid » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:44 am

After thinking about this a bit, I would suggest to touch the tongue to the roof of the mouth, and direct the mind down from the mouth area to the lower dan tian.

When in doubt, follow the basic guidelines!

In other words, qi is stagnant in the area of the mouth. Lead it down and away by holding your attention in the lower abdomen area.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung