OK It's winter again

Discuss training methods, physiology, pedagogy, psychology, morality. Conquer yourself, contribute. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

OK It's winter again

Postby Yatish Parmar » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:17 pm

and it's too cold/wet/icy to train outside.

What are you doing over the winter? Training drills, name 'em!
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby Dvivid » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:24 am

Embrace the Tree, half hour each leg.

Sunrise Tai Chi form - takes little space.

Qigong for Winter: teaching these basics 3 times a week.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby DOM » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:24 pm

I train out side all year long in all kinds of weather and conditions. I do not recommend it for every one but I truly believe for one to live and understand the martial way you must train in all kinds of conditions ,on all kinds of surfaces and all kinds of terrain and weather .You do not have to spend hours training in bad weather and conditions but you should at least bust out a form or two .If it dose become to cold and windy I will not practice any soft Chigung out side .I will stay inside and practice all kinds of stationary training .To rainy I find a place that has cover . To windy I find a place that blocks the wind . Two icy I focus on hand techniques .If you dress for the elements and you can train in almost any weather. When it is slippery and icy I practice a lot of White Crane .
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby DOM » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:25 pm

I train out side all year long in all kinds of weather and conditions. I do not recommend it for every one but I truly believe for one to live and understand the martial way you must train in all kinds of conditions ,on all kinds of surfaces and all kinds of terrain and weather .You do not have to spend hours training in bad weather and conditions but you should at least bust out a form or two .If it dose become to cold and windy I will not practice any soft Chigung out side .I will stay inside and practice all kinds of stationary training .To rainy I find a place that has cover . To windy I find a place that blocks the wind . Two icy I focus on hand techniques .If you dress for the elements and you can train in almost any weather. When it is slippery and icy I practice a lot of White Crane .
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Yatish Parmar » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:37 pm

I train outside pretty much all year. Only problem is I am a teacher and I rely on my voice. Intense cold air for an hour in the morning does not help when I go into school.

I do form outside though, but only problem is that there are a lot of slugs in my garden...

At the moment I am concentrating on combinations (with power), a conditioning routine every 3 days and speed drills (leading to combos with no power but with speed). Only negative is it gets repetitive and doesn't leave me feeling as energised and ready for the day as getting out at 5.30 and doing form/technique in the fresh air!
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Return to General Training and Practice