A Little Slow

Found a dead-link? Have a suggestion? Something you don't like, something to contribute? Leave your ideas, info or suggestions.

A Little Slow

Postby Sanfung » Thu May 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to ask if anyone else noticed that the YMAA boards have been rather sleepy as of late. Is this just a usual slow down, or has everyone gotten kind of busy outside of the site?

Naturally, I'd rather see us all practicing than sitting here writing replies!
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Re: A Little Slow

Postby Phalanxpursos » Wed May 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Remove your internet cookies, web history, certificates and download cache and check your computer for viruses.
Strategemata Liber Secundus;
"VIII: Restore Morale with Firmness"
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Sanfung » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:58 am

Ah, sorry, I think I confused you. I didn't mean physically slow. The site loads quite quickly, and I remove cookies regularly, but thanks for the tip. Everyone should take a moment to do a little computer maintenance and keep things running fast.

Rather, I was actually referring to activity here. I meant that it seemed like fewer people were stopping by to post these days.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby Phalanxpursos » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:13 pm

I understand now, we need more forum activity.
Strategemata Liber Secundus;
"VIII: Restore Morale with Firmness"
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby Sanfung » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:35 am

That was more of what I was getting at, though I see that you and at least Dvivid seem to stay pretty active.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby sengstan2 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:17 pm

There used to be a lot more of activity taking place here..
Most people seem to have deserted.
What happened to the forums ? Is there any problem?
sengstan2
Forum User

Postby Sanfung » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:25 pm

I certainly hope that everyone is well. Perhaps everyone chooses to train instead of coming here, which would be the best outcome. Naturally I certainly hope that there are no problems. I would certainly like to see more activity here, since I find this is a great place to learn for sure. Certainly I still intend to keep coming here of course.

It's nice to see you again by the way!
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby sengstan2 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Thanks for your answer.
Actually, if people who train could come here more and share their training, the results of their training, this forum would be great.

I am a little surprised that it is not already the case. The YMAA sells good material, and some feedback about it would be very useful to the community and visitors of the forum. There are some forums where people chat about practice instead of practicing, the YMAA could be an exception with another well known forum dedicated to internal martial arts.
Best wishes
sengstan2
Forum User

Postby Sanfung » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Certainly I too would love to read more about the experiences of others in regards to their training, and I would like to share my own. I think that we could all learn a great deal from one another. I really am glad to see another face around here.

When I first started coming here there were a number of other people that I don't see any more, and while things sometimes did get heated, I have to say that I learned a lot by reading about their experiences and applying it to my own practice.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby sengstan2 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:04 pm

I'll think about that and come back to post one thing or two.
I am currently reading Dr Yang's Embryonic Breathing and find it very good.
sengstan2
Forum User

Postby Sanfung » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:09 pm

We'd of course be happy to have you here. Dr Yang's Embryonic Breathing is on my reading list as well for sure!
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Return to About the Website