Accounts and Posting

Found a dead-link? Have a suggestion? Something you don't like, something to contribute? Leave your ideas, info or suggestions.

Accounts and Posting

Postby Sanfung » Tue May 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Hello all, I'm a new member and I wanted to ask about something that I didn't see directly addressed in the rules. Is necroposting permitted here? That refers to resurrecting an old topic that hasn't been posted in for a period of time. On most forum sites I've had the pleasure of being a member of, there is a certain rule regarding how long a thread can be replied to before it dies. For instance, many message boards generally forbid people from posting in threads that are older than six or seven months.

Naturally, I don't wish to break any rules after I just arrived!

Moreover, I hope the name I chose is inoffensive. I wasn't sure if there was some sort of naming scheme here, so I used a permutation of Chang San Fung. I realize his name can be romanized in a few different ways, but I felt that it was a fine way to honor his memory. Naturally, as a beginner, I do not wish to appear to be pretentious in this choice at all.

Thank you!
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Re: Accounts and Posting

Postby Inga » Tue May 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Hello Sanfung

I am not aware of any reason why you cannot pull up an old topic. Perhaps after reading the archive you might decide to start your own thread. We ask primarily that you respect the YMAA Forum Terms & Code of Conduct, which were recently updated. If you've had a look at those, and you follow them, all will be well. Thank you for taking the time to check protocol.

Cheers Inga
Inga
Admin

Re: Accounts and Posting

Postby Sanfung » Thu May 31, 2012 3:04 am

Thank you very much. I was just curious because the forum Terms & Code of Conduct didn't address the issue. I'm glad there is no specific prohibition against it, but I will exercise a level of caution and discretion. As you had said before, there are perhaps instances where a poster would wish to create a new topic as opposed to simply resurrecting a preexisting one.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Return to About the Website