Just a suggestion:)

Found a dead-link? Have a suggestion? Something you don't like, something to contribute? Leave your ideas, info or suggestions.

Just a suggestion:)

Postby Galardiel » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:31 pm

Hello everyone :D I'm new in the forum and also in the martial arts:)
I was just thinking that maybe if there was a "topic"in the index about members,so that everyone could present themselves.I don't know maybe saying the name,age,where do they practice martial arts(school),i think that topic would help the new ones that register ,to present themselves and to start knowing the other users.It's just a suggestion.I'm sorry if this already exists or if already anyone have say it,sory i didn't saw it :?
Stay well everyone and sorry my average english:S :D
Sofia Petisca
YMAA,Almada
Galardiel
Forum User

Use of the Forum

Postby Inga » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:56 pm

Hi Sofia - I am new to kung fu (I've been training one year) and have only just recently felt comfortable using the forum. I think it is set up well for members to place as much information about themselves as they see fit. If you would like to know more about a member click on the 'profile' lozenge shape at the bottom of the post. There you will find what that member has decided to say about themselves. Some say nothing, others give a healthy list of information, often including their email address. I am not sure I understand where you would like additional member information to appear. From what postings I have read so far, age is rarely relevant to the conversation. Along the top menu bar which starts "FAQ" the third option in is "Memberlist", which shows every single registered member since the forum began - perhaps this is the sort of resource you were hoping to look at. If you want to become familiar with the use of the forum and its members I recommend reading through the archive. You will discover who has the most to say, which topics are recurring and the dispositions of the contributors.
Inga
Admin

Postby Galardiel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:01 am

Hi there, thanks for the answer Inga :D
Stay well*
Sofia Petisca
YMAA,Almada
Galardiel
Forum User

Return to About the Website