General Qi Jiguang

Discuss YMAA Publishing's books, videos and DVDs. Have you read/seen an YMAA Publishing work? Share your thoughts, discuss its ideas. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: Dvivid, DavidR

General Qi Jiguang

Postby John the Monkey mind » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 am

I would love to see a YMAA translation of General Qi Jiguang's military manual. It is a hugely significant text for Taiji and long fist but has never been translated in totality. :)
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Re: General Qi Jiguang

Postby Sanfung » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:03 pm

I don't mean this to look like spam at all, but if a translation were available I would certainly buy it as well. I'd be even more likely if it were available as an ebook.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby John the Monkey mind » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:41 am

I found some of the related material translated on this site in ebook form. www.chineselongsword.com/translation.shtml

The general's instructors wrote it down into manuals. Its even got the Shaolin staff as well as other weapons. They have the long sabour and the Chinese Shield And Wolf-Brush as well. Sadly no section on the boxing although I have a translation of that from a PHD dissertation someone did in the US. Still I would love the entire manual, I have a PDF of the Chinese original, although I can only look at the pictures and try to work out the characters.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Can you send a copy of the Chinese original to me at dsilver @ ymaa.com please? I'll forward it to Master Yang and see what he thinks about this.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby John the Monkey mind » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:14 pm

I sent it to you with a few other related manuals.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Master Yang said thank you for these. He did have them in printed form, but said it will be much more convenient to have them for reference as PDF. Thanks.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to YMAA Publishing