Streaming Video

Discuss YMAA Publishing's books, videos and DVDs. Have you read/seen an YMAA Publishing work? Share your thoughts, discuss its ideas. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: Dvivid, DavidR

Streaming Video

Postby Dvivid » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Do you ever stream video content? We'd like your feedback.

There are now ten videos available for streaming rental through the YMAA YouTube channel. YouTube has recently improved their video rental service and now includes streaming access in the USA, Japan, UK, and Canada. Other countries will be added soon. You need to have a YouTube account to rent these videos. The price is $3.99 for 30-day viewing access. Each full-length video features high-definition content from recent DVD releases, such as Kung Fu Body Conditioning, Knife Defense, and Qigong for Longevity. In most cases, this streaming video resolution is better quality than what is possible on YMAA DVDs, due to their length. http://www.youtube.com/user/Dvivid#g/c/AE5F01DFF5DBCBBA

The clip Qigong Meditation includes over an hour of guided one-on-one meditation instruction by Master Yang in the meditation gazebo at the YMAA Retreat Center in CA, as he teaches the progression from Embryonic Breathing through Four Gates Qigong to Martial Arts Grand Circulation Qigong. http://www.youtube.com/user/Dvivid#p/c/ ... X4MgB-R9d8

Based on the popularity of these initial offerings, we will continue to add more titles to this streaming video service.
Dvivid
Forum God

Re: Streaming Video

Postby LynneBurkitt2b » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Interesting I should find this post after I 'accidentally' found this same video earlier today on YouTube and the new rental offer. I think this is so wonderful! The advantages are obvious. For less than the price of a movie ticket I can learn from Dr. Yang and other masters for a whole month even when my budget is tight. Then I will know what I am getting when I am ready to purchase the full length video.
Matter of fact I also have an Amazon prime membership and I am using their streaming video service to learn beginner Tai Chi from Dr. Yang as well. Two hours of the 4 DVD set for only ten bucks, mine to keep! He explains everything in such detail and I feel transported to his center in California.
I am excited to find all the YMAA resources recently! I am a senior and a tai chi baby, but you all will help me kick off on the right foot :D
LynneBurkitt2b
Forum Newbie

Return to YMAA Publishing