YMAA E-books

Discuss YMAA Publishing's books, videos and DVDs. Have you read/seen an YMAA Publishing work? Share your thoughts, discuss its ideas. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: Dvivid, DavidR

YMAA E-books

Postby Meerkat » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:43 am

I just saw the link at the top of the main page of the website which brings you to the ebook store. I am very excited about this and can foresee myself making many a purchase indeed. :D :lol:

I was wondering what is the release schedule for ebooks on the site? What titles are to be added and when?

Also I noticed that when you click on the link for the Kindle store, it says:

"Your search "ymaa" did not match any products in: Kindle Store"

Just thought I would mention that. :oops:
Meerkat
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 am

There are many YMAA books in the kindle store

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... aa&x=0&y=0

Where is the broken link you're referring to, please?

I can't answer the other questions, but I will forward this to someone who can.

Thank you.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Meerkat » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 am

Hi Dvivid,

That link you provided is exactly the link I am referring to. When you follow that link the top of that page says:

"Your search "ymaa" did not match any products in: Kindle Store"

Below that they list the DVDs:
    Simplified Tai chi Chuan with Applications (YMAA)
    Eight Simple Qigong Exercises For Health - The Eight (8) Pieces of Brocade (YMAA) DVD
    Qigong, The Secret of Youth: Da Mo's Muscle/Tendon Changing and Marrow/Brain Washing Classics

When I search for "Yang Jwing Ming" it brings up three books: two taijiqian books and one qigong book.

Thanks for forwarding on my request about the ebooks. 8)
Meerkat
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Thats odd. When I click that link, I see 42 results, of YMAA ebooks for sale in the kindle store.

Does not compute.

"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby John the Monkey mind » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:21 pm

I get just 1
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby trimax » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:48 am

Hi, Amazon Kindle store has copyright restrictions. Visit the Kindle store and check out the top right column block "Your Country or Region" and you will see your "default" region in the drop-down menu. You can choose a different the region.

In the US and Canada you will be able to see a collection with (up to) 42 ebooks.

In other regions: UK, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean, Middle East, Africa, Asia & Pacific, India and Australia, you will only see the fiction book "The Cutting Season" due to those restrictions. YMAA Publication Center is working with our distributor and Amazon to offer the full collection.

Currently, I am unable to provide you with an exact date when we will have all the books in the Kindle store, but will post again here when more information is available.

Thank you for your interest in our Kindle ebooks! Be sure to check out our PDF books, they look great because they retain the original book layout.
trimax
Admin

Postby John the Monkey mind » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Seems to be ok in the UK now for a few more titles just got 'The Root of Chinese Qigong: Secrets for Health, Longevity, and Enlightenment' last night from the UK Amazon sight.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Re: YMAA E-books

Postby tcomrie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:20 am

[quote="Meerkat"]I just saw the link at the top of the main page of the website which brings you to the ebook store. I am very excited about this and can foresee myself making many a purchase indeed. :D :lol:

I was wondering what is the release schedule for ebooks on the site? What titles are to be added and when?

[/quote]

We are working on ebooks in two formats—EPUB and PDF. There are many YMAA Kindle files currently available at Amazon. The PDF files are so far only available on the YMAA website. EPUB format is designed for the Kindle and other similar devices and utilizes reflowable text but it is difficult to convert books with many pictures of the type common at YMAA. PDF keeps the content of the pages in a fixed position so each page is just as it appears in the printed version, but it can only be read on computer screens or tablet devices. We are looking for feedback as to which our readers prefer.

Book conversion is going in two directions at once. The plan is to have all new books available in EPUB and PDF at (or soon after) the print release date. Some of the more picture-laden books are more difficult to convert to EPUB (like [i]Sunset Tai Chi[/i] and [i]Tai Chi Ball[/i]) and are going to take longer. At the same time we are trying to convert our older releases at a rate of one or two per month—best-selling titles first. I'm not comfortable releasing the specifics for which books will be released next because I tend to constantly juggle that schedule around.
tcomrie
Forum User

Return to YMAA Publishing