Was just wondering about the long fist DVD's.

Discuss YMAA Publishing's books, videos and DVDs. Have you read/seen an YMAA Publishing work? Share your thoughts, discuss its ideas. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: Dvivid, DavidR

Was just wondering about the long fist DVD's.

Postby Shen » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:56 pm

I just registered for the forums and wanted to ask something that's of prime importance to me. I always wanted to learn Northern Shaolin Kung Fu because I always thought those low powerful stances were so cool. 8) I was wondering since I'm unable to travel and no where near a school how well can I learn off of the DVD's available?

I thank whoever in advance for any advice you may have for me as a total newbie with no martial experience what so ever. :D

Sincerely,

Shen
Shen
Forum User

Oh, one more thing if its alright.

Postby Shen » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:37 am

Oh and while I'm thinking about it one more question. Will the advanced long fist forms be on DVD in the future or are you guys only going up to intermediate?

Again thanks in advance.
Shen
Forum User

Postby darth_freak » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Dvds are coming. San Lu Pao and Taizu Chang Quan have been shot.

You can never learn well enough with dvds though. It'd be good to find someone who understands/know the principles to guide you somehow.

You also record your trainings and see how you're doing. Could also post them somewhere to ask for advice. But it will never be as good as havin a good teacher.
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Okay

Postby Shen » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Well that's cool, thanks for the answer kind sir. :) I'm not really in a position to venture to a school so I guess in that respect I'm SOL. But I think I got an idea of what to do now.
Shen
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:38 am

"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to YMAA Publishing