Difference between Sword DVDs

Discuss YMAA Publishing's books, videos and DVDs. Have you read/seen an YMAA Publishing work? Share your thoughts, discuss its ideas. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: Dvivid, DavidR

Difference between Sword DVDs

Postby taichigirl » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:08 pm

I am inquiring about the differences in content between the Taiji Sword - Classical Yang Style, and Sword - Fundamental Training. I have reviewed the Classical Yang Style DVD and it has a lot of the basics. Is it repeated in the Fundametal Training or is there a significant difference between the two (other than the teaching of the form)?
Thank you. I look forward to your reply.
taichigirl
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:43 am

Hello

In the 3.5 hour long Sword Fundamentals DVD, Dr Yang focuses on teaching each technique in great detail, and explains its application.

He emphasizes the importance of TRAINING these fundamentals often, not just learning them.

In the older Taiji Sword DVD, the fundamentals are demonstrated quickly without instruction, as preparation-only, toward learning the Taiji Sword Form and Qigong.

Hope this helps,
David
YMAA
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

the differences

Postby taichigirl » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi Dvivid:
I've been waiting patiently for your reply... and now I have the answers I need. Thank you. That helped me to make the decision to purchase it.
These videos are incredibly helpful. The detail is amazing. I look forward to the new one I will soon receive.
taichigirl
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:02 am

Sorry for the delayed response. I was away on holiday. Enjoy the DVDs!
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to YMAA Publishing