Evening Workout

Discuss training methods, physiology, pedagogy, psychology, morality. Conquer yourself, contribute. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Evening Workout

Postby Sunflower » Sun May 25, 2014 2:36 am

I've been experimenting few weeks with the Kung Fu Body Conditioning DVD 1 and I'm having a lot of doubts on how to exacly train it. I find the exercises are well explained but I don't understand how often I should do them, the series/repetitions and how endurance/power has to be trained and how it benefits me.

Now I'm doing warmup+soft white crane for 1h every morning and ocasional walking/swimming/running in the evening.
My goals with this DVD are
1.getting tired for a good sleep (good workout helps a lot )
2. General health
3. Get ready to join karate next september/october
4. enjoy running, rolling, jumping and climbing like a monkey :D

and I'll do it 5 days a week, 1-2h every evening.

What would you recommend me to do?
Should I train arms,torso and legs in the same day or separately?
Should I go for endurance, power or both? How many repetitions/series then?
Any exercises that work good for recovery the after workout? Stretches, massage, cold showers..?
Sunflower
Forum User

Re: Evening Workout

Postby Sunflower » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 am

As no answer recieved and as a product of my (not big) knowledge and experience here I come with what I think I'm gonna do:

For endurance: standard mabu+iron board bridges+push ups + hanging row 1 "set" for as many time/reps as I feel comfortable

and then depending on how I feel I'll go running and/or do jumps and/or rolls and/or kicks and/or something that makes me sweat

this 5-6 times per week, I'll always rest 1 day at least

may not be the quickest way to get fit but I think I can't harm myself this way
whatcha think?
Sunflower
Forum User

Re: Evening Workout

Postby joeblast » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Darn near impossible to tell from over here 8) Everyone's got their own level of training they can handle. Follow the hippocratic oath, and firstly do no harm....you'll do allright :)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to General Training and Practice