question

Discuss training methods, physiology, pedagogy, psychology, morality. Conquer yourself, contribute. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

question

Postby endlessflow » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 am

i got a question, what would be needed nutrition wise to under go a 7hr per day training schedule. Also could anyone recommend a method to increase the strength of the weaker side. Example when ya right handed ya left side's weaker an vice versa.

Since I'm right handed i wana increase the speed and power of my left side. So far doubling the repetitions is what ive thought of. Anyone know of any other methods ?
endlessflow
Forum Newbie

re: question

Postby dc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:00 pm

7 hours of training per day is a lot of training! that's actually more than the beijing wushu team trains every day. but to your question...

it depends on what you're asking. if you're talking about net calories, i would suggest that you eat whenever you're hungry, since you should be burning a ridiculous amount training 7 hours per day. i'm not a huge fan of parsing percentages of fat, protein, and carbohydrates, but in general would suggest sticking to a paleo-type diet (fruits, veggies, meat, fish, nuts, etc.).

as for your second question, why do you want both of your sides to be the same speed/power? essentially, you'll be "under training" your dominant side if you do twice as many reps on the weaker side. just keep training ambidextrously, and your weak side will become faster and more powerful, while your strong side becomes even faster and more powerful!

now, if this were you...

it would be another issue entirely!
dc
Forum Guru

Return to General Training and Practice