Xingyi boxers

Discuss training methods, physiology, pedagogy, psychology, morality. Conquer yourself, contribute. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Xingyi boxers

Postby internalfist » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi I have just started training in Xingyi Quan from Master Liang and Dr.Yangs book and Im also ordering the DVD that I should get next wednesday. But I was just wondering who all practices Xingyi here, as Im not able to find a teacher in my area so it would be great to chat with other practitioners of Xingyi Quan.
internalfist
Forum Contributor

Postby lilman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:44 am

I am going to learn xin yi, and bagua to compliment my sun style Taiji
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby internalfist » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Awesome. I finf Xingyi a very amzing art. I cant describe the feeling I get when I practice it but it is amazing.
When are you gonna start in Xingyi, and will you be training with an instructor?
internalfist
Forum Contributor

Postby lilman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:45 pm

I already kinds get the basics. Sun style taijiquan has xinyi footwork and bagua hand movements combined with taiji theory and. 13 energy patterns. Right now I'm learning sun style sword, then either my teachers yang 108, sun 93, or bagua then xinyi. I'm more into taijiquan and zui quan. My teacher teaches xinyi as what it always has been a killing art. End a fight ASAPl and the ultimate goal in the fight is to kill your oponent.
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby internalfist » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:38 am

Yeah thats what I like about Xingyi, its agressive and dominant but yet its still an internal art. Its amazing :D
internalfist
Forum Contributor

Re: Xingyi boxers

Postby Cotton Over Steel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:45 pm

The Hsing-i I practice emphasizes the legs, which an opponent does not notice.

The steps set up the attacks power and position with scissor stepping.

Some practice Xing Yi with external muscle power, and emphasize the hand movements.

I prefer the style that uses Qi power anchored in the stance and directed by the Lower Dan Tien.

This form of Hsing-i Metal/Dragon uses the same methods that Kou Yu Chang demontrates in his two framed pictures smashing throuch a stack of bricks.

This form is not for competing; the impact of internal hemoraging is not easily reversible.

Is a person's life worth a prize or a medal?
Cotton Over Steel
Forum Contributor

Re: Xingyi boxers

Postby bustr » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 pm

It might be worth your time to go to an instructor a few times a year. I found this place with a google search.

Xing Yi Kung Fu
2717 Miamisburg Centerville Road, Dayton, OH
(937) 681-7881 ‎
bustr
Forum User

Return to General Training and Practice