San Francisco

Discuss training methods, physiology, pedagogy, psychology, morality. Conquer yourself, contribute. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

San Francisco

Postby stephenbuck415 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:10 pm

Greetings everyone.

Are there any YMAA instructors or practitioners in San Francisco?

I've looked at the schools list (answer = no) so considered relocating to Boston but then learned of the retreat center near Eureka CA opening next year… what I do know is that I want to practice under YMAA but I don't know how possible that will be.

Eureka is several hours north of San Francisco so if daily classes are offered there, daily attendance is not realistic. Due to the industry I work in (web development) relocation to that area is not possible.

I am also aware of several Tai Chi training centers here in San Francisco however I would prefer to practice under YMAA.

Thanks,
Steve
stephenbuck415
Forum Contributor

Postby darth_freak » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:46 pm

retreat center is a training thing. You can't go there to learn. I don't think it'll be open to anyone at any time. There'll be periods when people are wselcome to come and train, but only to train. Like Master Yang gives a drill and then it has to be done till it's good AND has reached some depths...Nothing like 1h30 hour classes where you do qigong, a bit of tuishou, a bit of taiji etc.
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Thu May 10, 2007 10:39 am

Try Patrick Dickson at http://www.taijiquan.com. He's an amazing guy, based in SF, and is a huge supporter of Dr Yang, though not a YMAA instructor...
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby stephenbuck415 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:34 am

Hi Dvivid.

I've just spoken with Patrick Dickson.

By the end of June 2007 I should have a practice group set up here in San Francisco with Patrick as the principal instructor.

Thank you
stephenbuck415
Forum Contributor

Return to General Training and Practice