Purple, puffy feet?!

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Purple, puffy feet?!

Postby Hephaestus » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:15 pm

Greetings. I've been doing a bit of weight training as part of my exercise routine recently. I'm not using much weight, 10lbs in plates on a 20lb bar (30 total, obviously), mainly for joint stabilization, and just to activate the muscles I don't necessarily use in my everyday activities (which consists of sitting in front of a computer terminal and answering a phone, and then swimming later in the day).
Normally I practice in socks and shoes, but the other night I was barefoot. At one point, about three quarters of the way through my routine, having done squats, calf raises, curls, shoulder presses, flys, rows, and deadlifts, I sat down to do my wrist curls and glanced down at my feet.
They were rather purple, and somewhat puffy, though I wouldn't say "swollen". A while later, after I finished my wrist/reverse wrist curls, and my push-ups and ab work, my feet had gone down a bit, and after my swim they were fine.
I'm not sure if this if normal due to bodily exhaustion whilst standing for long periods of time, or if it could be a blood/qi circulation issue.

If anyone has any advice, I would certainly appreciate it.
~H
Hephaestus
Forum Contributor

feet

Postby dc » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:50 pm

thats crazy. its obviously a blood circulation issue, but i cant really see how it happened unless you didnt move your feet at all after doing the calf raises. look more closely and see when it starts next time.
dc
Forum Guru

Postby OnlyMe » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:04 pm

Thats just an awesome name for a punk band...Purple Puffy Feet. :lol:
OnlyMe
Forum Addict

Return to Injury and recovery