Qi for Chronic injury?

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qi for Chronic injury?

Postby renshi » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:50 am

Hello my name is Chris Hoshiyama and im a 30year plus practitioner of Okinawa Karate and Jujitsu. I had a major car accident in 2003 and suffered a spinal cord injury in my neck. This has caused me un-godly pain and no im on a heavy dose if narcorics and other junk.
I was wondering if anyone has used qigung to heal/help themselves from a serious injury??

Thanks
Chris Hoshiyama
renshi
Forum Newbie

Postby TonyM. » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:29 am

I fractured two veribre and knocked seven others out of alignment in a car accident ten years ago. Five and a half months of activator chiropractic treament with physical therapy and massage coupled with small and grand circulation had the sonograms showing complete recovery. No drugs, followed the physical therapy faithfully and lots of soft chi gong. The pain was terrible and I didn't sleep for the first twenty four days. Of cource I wasn't able to practice taolu the first three months, but running the forms in my mind as I practiced still soft chi gong I picked up where I left off in better shape.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Postby practice » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:02 pm

Tai Chi for Back Pain is supposed to be good, and can be done seated. I have some other videos from the same place which are good.

Try www.taichforarthritis.com for videos. There is also a forum moderated my a medical doctor.
Peace and good health
practice
Forum Regular

Postby renshi » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:45 pm

Thanks for the replys?
renshi
Forum Newbie

Return to Injury and recovery