over extended knee

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

over extended knee

Postby landon » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:41 pm

A couple of days ago I was kicking a bag and over extended my knee. It's been hurting a couple days now, what kind of things can I do to speed up the recovery? Thanks.
landon
Forum User

Postby zipwolf » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:44 pm

RICE dude, RICE.

Rest
Ice
Csomething... i'll get back on that one
Elevation.
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby landon » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:49 pm

heh RICE, I like that. Ill give it a try. Defintely let me know what the c is when you remember :)
landon
Forum User

Postby No.6 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:19 pm

Compression.
No.6
Forum User

Postby scramasax57 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:42 pm

actually, its funny, but actual rice makes a really good compress. in fact, thats what i thought about at first. when i was studying xingyi with tai ngo, one of the other students had really bad knees from doing gymnastics and stuntwork. tai recommended making rice, wrapping it in a towel while stile warm, soaking it in rice wine or vodka, and applying that to his knees whenever they became swollen. the guy said it worked like a charm, and tai is usually right about stuff like that.
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

knees

Postby dc » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:30 pm

this may sound dumb to a lot of people, but whenever i practice nowadays, i wear thin kneepads during everything. they just lock in the heat so your knees never cool down or lose circulation. i recommend them for everyone who has had knee problems before, because i think bad circulation is to blame for many knee aches and pains.
dc
Forum Guru

Postby TonyM. » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:12 am

Arnica Montana 30x. Four tablets every fifteen minutes for one hour.
Next day. Ruta grava 30x. Same as above.
Next day. " " Four tablets every hour for four hours.
Next eight days. Ruta...... Four tablets every four hours for sixteen hours. Don't use with any other medications.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Postby landon » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:19 pm

Arnica Montana 30x. Four tablets every fifteen minutes for one hour.

That sounds a little excessive, will that do the trick without killing my stomach?
If your keys fall in a pool of hot lava then man, let them go.
landon
Forum User

Postby TonyM. » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:54 am

It's called the push technique. The total dosage in a day is always sixteen tablets. To load them up in one hour knocks on your imune systems door to tell it to wake up. If your not used to sugar the lactose with mess with your bowels. 30x is the strongest (weakest, remember it's homeopathy, less is more) dose. The entire bottle wouldn't hurt you.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Postby scramasax57 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:06 pm

30x is the strongest (weakest, remember it's homeopathy, less is more) dose.

explain, please. i have some experience with homeopathic medicines (i.e.: i've used them), and i don't fully comprehend the rating system. as i understood it, the rating determines how general or local the medicine is. could you enlighten me?
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby TonyM. » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:58 am

3x,5x,10x,12x,30x are the number of times the original product has been diluted. 30x would be the least amount of product in the dosage. In single remedy homeopathy three molecules of a substance would be the ideal dose. Single remedy meaning using one product at a time rather than combining them. Compounds can work for specific purposes but they don't take into account contradictions, ie. your cold symptoms may be something other than a cold. With single remedy if the first thing you try didn't exactly fit the bill you try a regiment of something else until you get the desired results. Generally speaking, internal is better than topical because you can regulate smaller (more effective) doses.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Return to Injury and recovery