Need Advice concerning spiritual "injury"

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Need Advice concerning spiritual "injury"

Postby QiGongFromFrance » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:02 am

Hello gentlemen,
First of all, i would like to thanks the great work done by YMMA which totally contributed to improve my life. I could explain it with in more details, but this post isn't really suited for this.
Anyways, deep thanks from France.

I have read / studied / experimented / applyed meditation/qigong technics purposed by Master Mantak Chia and by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming, i found all of this data lifechanging and very logical concerning i am from a scientific background, it helped me a lot to confirm my convictions.
Thus i really worked hard to keep for exemple my "essence" ( don't want to be rude ) but despite the proper lifestyle for my spiritual work, my own dream made me loose my essence.
I have experienced it many times while i worked to avoid this situation and knowning i have a strong control of my body and my mind when i am awake, but once on a while my dream make all my efforts vanish.
Recently i did auto-hypnosis before sleeping to avoid this but i know it could happen again if i stop doing hypnosis.
I have changed my food habits, my thinking habits, my work out, added meditation and hypnosis but i must say now that on one year it has happened like 6 times.
To conclude, if anyone has advice/ideas i could try to "control/manipulate" a bit my dream, i would be very thankfull, thank you for you time, i wish you an happy path.
QiGongFromFrance
Forum Newbie

Re: Need Advice concerning spiritual "injury"

Postby John the Monkey mind » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:02 am

I do not practice with the intensity it seems you do and am enjoying my relative youth although I hope to undertake such training in the future but given what I have read I would not worry if I were you. They body balances itself in that way. Total stagnation in that part of your body can cause harm as much as over use.
If you are really into heavy practice just take the required break of however many days required by the method you are using after the loss of marrow then resume. Small holidays from practice are not always harmful. 6 times a year is not so much. The real harm as I understand it is heavy practice directly after the loss of essence causing damage not in the small breaks 6 times a year. The human energy system has to slowly build capacity so the occasional slowing of progress may be beneficial. :)
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby QiGongFromFrance » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:17 am

Well thank you for your reply and your time, it's one side of the response i guess , to attribute it to natural need and regulation but i meant there must be a way to balance our dream like lucid dream for exemple so if anyone else could give his different opinion about this, I would be grateful.
A bientot :wink:
QiGongFromFrance
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:32 pm

parts of Taoist Yoga deal with this issue and give methods to prevent it ;)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Injury and recovery