Hernia

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby practice » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:14 am

Not being medically trained I am unable to give medical advice, but if you try the forums on www.taichiforarthritis.com, or look at the frequently asked questions, you may get some help from there too. The site is run and the forums moderated by a medical doctor.
Peace and good health
practice
Forum Regular

Postby frankyb » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi everybody,
last month i had a hernia surgery and the doctors says that i have a little one on the other side,reading the book of dr.Yang says that with embrionic breathing is possible to heal hernia.My question is how is the right procedure to follow?
there is someone that can help me?
frankyb
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:51 pm

franky, a hernia is defined as the protrusion of an organ or tissue through an opening in its surrounding walls - are you referring to an intravertebral disc herniation?

if so then yes, EB can help with that (I have lumbar issues myself.) the expanding and contracting of the abdomen helps, and when done correctly you can engage the psoas in an anterior spinal massage in the lumbosacral area.

right procedure? EB. Book. *thumbsup*
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby frankyb » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:08 pm

hi joeblast,

thanks for the reply,but i forgot to write groin hernia
frankyb
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:54 am

ieeee, so an inguinal hernia?

http://www.aurorahealthcare.org/yourhea ... 23.html%22

for something like that this page had good advice - exercise, sweat every day but dont overdo it, I think something like an elliptical would be good, small amounts of lateral motion would be beneficial....and also high fiber diet will lessen the likelihood of intestinal strain that may worsen that situation.

follow doc's advice, but I think EB would be beneficial but I would go easy on abdominal expansion, follow the 70% rule and that should help prevent overdoing it.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby frankyb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:44 pm

joeblast wrote:ieeee, so an inguinal hernia?

http://www.aurorahealthcare.org/yourhea ... 23.html%22

for something like that this page had good advice - exercise, sweat every day but dont overdo it, I think something like an elliptical would be good, small amounts of lateral motion would be beneficial....and also high fiber diet will lessen the likelihood of intestinal strain that may worsen that situation.

follow doc's advice, but I think EB would be beneficial but I would go easy on abdominal expansion, follow the 70% rule and that should help prevent overdoing it.

Thanks a lot joeblast ;)
frankyb
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:24 pm

np

*not a professional

:D
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby alkssmith » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:17 pm

frankyb wrote:Hi everybody,
last month i had a hernia surgery and the doctors says that i have a little one on the other side,reading the book of dr.Yang says that with embrionic breathing is possible to heal hernia.My question is how is the right procedure to follow?
there is someone that can help me?

Hernia is excess of harmful Dampness energy in the region, so the
scheme in Su-jok acupuncture looks:

Cold (groin): Dampness (hernia energy) sedate, Wind (opposite energy)
tone up
If this is still topical, I can draw a pic with points around fingers hails,
like this (for capral tunnel syndrome):

to treat by heating by incense stick or similar:
alkssmith
Forum User

Return to Injury and recovery