Recentering after major surgery

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Recentering after major surgery

Postby L.M.Rye » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Can anyone recommend a good set of exercises or point me at some qi gong to help me reorganize my abdomen after a laparoscopic appendicectomy?

In February I had an emergency appendectomy. The surgery involved inflating the abodominal cavity with CO2, and as one might imagine, this has had a great effect on the circulation and construction of that area of the body.

Shortly after the surgery I restarted practicing taiji and qi gong --it was a great way to recover, actually.

However no matter how deep my posture I feel as if I am not rooted at all. My balance has been terrible and because of the antibiotic I took (levaquin) it is very easy to damage the connective tissues--exploding achilles tendons are actually a part of the warning label--so although I am continuing to improve I must proceed very, very carefully to avoid doing greater damage than usually might be expected from gentle exercise.

Thanks in advance for your expertise!
Egotism is
Seldom the beginning
of Great Things
L.M.Rye
Forum Newbie

Return to Injury and recovery