Bicep Tendonitis of the Shoulder

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Bicep Tendonitis of the Shoulder

Postby Seiji » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Well... I have it.

I have had it on and off for over a year, and this time I want it gone completely. My problem was that I thought it had healed because it no longer hurt, but I would end up practicing again and damaging it. I take Ibuprofen only as needed (because it slows healing), glucosamine every day, and I occasionally use Dit Da Jow (not every day, although I could). I buy my jow from the Wah Lum temple in orlando, Grandmaster Pui Chan makes it.
I have been through physical therapy recently, and they gave me various exercises to do, as well as tips to avoid hurting it again. Slouching is not good and could slow healing, so I am much more conscious of my posture now.

Has anyone else had experiences with this before?
Seiji
Forum Newbie

Postby alkssmith » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:04 pm

If you tell the exact date you got your injury, I can compose a very simple
set of acu points to treat by moxibustion, like:
This does work and is easy to do, ellipses with points describe cross-section of joint with point 3 for more advanced treatment.

Besides, there may be special acu scheme for tendinitis, if I get the list of
your present symptomes.
Of course, for free.
alkssmith
Forum User

Re: Bicep Tendonitis of the Shoulder

Postby Hubert » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:15 am

My left shoulder has been giving me only slight soreness when performing weight such as shoulder press for the last couple of years. Recently it got worse to a degree it hurts if a lift a lightly weight barbell behind my neck to do squats. The further back my hand the more it hurt, with an ezy bar it took off some of the stress.

To avoid further damage I stopped weights that affected my shoulder and went to a Physio. He said it was tendonitis. I said it hurt somewhere inside the shoulder area at the back of the shoulder when I moved my hand back with actions such as putting a barbell behind my head. Also if I pushed my finger in the front of my shoulder I felt some small pain there too. He said it was bicep tendonitis and maybe something else (In south america and my medical spanish isnt that great).

He has got me going for two weeks for some sort of electro pulse therapy for 25minutes a day. Trouble is after three sessions the front of the shoulder hurts worse than before which feels like muscle pain (like someone has punched me in the fornt of the shoulder) but maybe just the bicep tendon, has got worse and hurts more to the touch in a greater area.
Is this normal? should I continue the treatment or have I started it too soon? I have only been resting the shoulder area and doing no exercises for it.
note I have never felt pain when doing bicep exercises.
Hubert
Forum Newbie

Re: Bicep Tendonitis of the Shoulder

Postby pete5770 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Seiji wrote:Well... I have it.

I have had it on and off for over a year, and this time I want it gone completely. My problem was that I thought it had healed because it no longer hurt, but I would end up practicing again and damaging it. I take Ibuprofen only as needed (because it slows healing), glucosamine every day, and I occasionally use Dit Da Jow (not every day, although I could). I buy my jow from the Wah Lum temple in orlando, Grandmaster Pui Chan makes it.
I have been through physical therapy recently, and they gave me various exercises to do, as well as tips to avoid hurting it again. Slouching is not good and could slow healing, so I am much more conscious of my posture now.

Has anyone else had experiences with this before?

FWIW Steroids tend to really work although many people are, shall we say, afraid of them because they don't understand them. It's also my understanding that Ibuprofen needs to be taken on a regular basis, not just here and there, to be effective on conditions like yours. It needs to build up in the system on a daily basis to help at all.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Injury and recovery