Knee Problems

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Knee Problems

Postby allan101 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi Friends,
I am 35 and on Sept 27 dislocated my knee. It popped back in place but the mri said torn patellofemoral ligament, small joint effusion and contusion of femoral condyle. My kneecap will still completely sublux also. I have been in a brace and been doing pt at home. My last follow up the ortho said my muscles are still extremely atrophied and increased the pt, said he would operate if not better in 4wks. I am still having pain when walking and being woken at night by pain. I was wondering if any of you have had a similar injury and what the healing time is, I have heard it can be up to 1yr? If you had a similar surgery how did it go? The ortho said mine would be an open procedure and involve grafting. Can you tell me what grafting is? Any advice on how to speed the healing, decrease this pain or avoid surgery would be greatly appreciated.
allan101
Forum Newbie

Postby yat_chum » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:13 am

Hi Allan, I can't help you but this subject has been on the forum before try using the search function.
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby yat_chum » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:23 am

yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby joeblast » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Try a little gentle shaking? If you stand in ZZ posture and move your knees simply gently 1-3 inches back and forth, let that convert to a gentle upper body bounce, let the shoulders hang loosely and the resultant wrist motion will be a small ellipse. This is a good exercise I do every morning as warm up, it loosens all of your limb joints.

Another shaking method is a spontaneous practice I do, the leg shaking component of that is sitting at the edge of a chair and raising the heels a certain amount and sooner or later the legs will bounce.

Riding a bike is also great for your knees 8)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Re:

Postby petcart » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:09 pm

I had something similar to this problem but the thing is that doctors couldn't find after all some prblems in my knee so they couldn't tell me what to do but I knew that there was a problem so I decided that I will try to do sports but very careful and you know - it worked. I had this problem about a year ago but know - I feel gret. ;)
That is my advice - try it!
petcart
Just Arrived

Postby taiji1983 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:55 am

I had patellafemoral pain syndrome after I got out of the Army. They said they would have to do surgery to fix it.

After 6 months practicing the 24 movement form correctly completely stopped the pain. Hasnt returned since.
taiji1983
Forum User

Return to Injury and recovery