Question for Dr. Ming on reversing damage/loss of lifespan

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Question for Dr. Ming on reversing damage/loss of lifespan

Postby HealInfinite » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Hello,

It is good to be amongst you all. If Dr. Yang Jwing Ming would be so kind as to answer this question.(and/or any of his disciples qualified to provide an answer)

I'm 39 years old, male and single. It is not my intention to turn this question into a psychotherapy session, but it is necessary to provide a backdrop of some experiences.

I've been through a very high level of significant and chronic trauma. While I could go on for many paragraphs, I will just list the following.

When I was 22..a friend of mine was murdered by a serial killer.
I was stalked for 4 years(by not just one but a group of people) from the age of 23-27
On 9/11..I lost 5 lifelong friends in one day.
Lastly..I've endured an extremely high level of chronic emotional and verbal abuse by a mother who has BPD(Borderline Personality Disorder).

*My question is*..while I cannot change any of these things..I would like to live as long a life as possible. Can dedicated tai-chi/chi-gung practice undo the damaging effect to the body and even possibly reverse the effects of these situations? I would like to live to a ripe old and productive age, however I am afraid that I have already taken years off my lifespan.

I currently study Praying mantis kung fu and have studied some tai-chi/chi-gung in the past--but my tai-chi teacher moved away. Thank you all for your time.

Respectfully,
HealInfinite
HealInfinite
Just Arrived

Re: Question for Dr. Ming on reversing damage/loss of lifesp

Postby DEADLI. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:01 am

Hi HI,

Though i may not be the most qualified person on this site to answer this, still, where there is a question, it shouldn't go unanswered.

Although Taiji is practiced for health, it is essentially a martial art, so if you want to fix your health i would suggest you take to the road of Qigong. Lets say you need to bang a nail into a wall... you have two objects in front of you...a shoe and a hammer....sure, they will both do the job, but one was specifically designed for just this purpose. A bit of a strange analogy, but you get the idea :D

If you use Qigong to open the wind (energy) channels in the body, then you are helping to engage the body's natural tendency toward homeostasis. Helping it to heal itself.

i hope this was of some benefit

All the best
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby Josh Young » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:49 am

You are at high risk for BPD too.

Beware patterns of self oriented thought.
Avoid any thoughts or statements starting with I, but, well or any word like them,

Practice listening skills, you know pain well enough to help others and be there for them. Just remember that the skill is to listen, not to speak.

Learn to take criticism well and not be offended.

Qigong is good for you.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Aside from breaking a good sweat every day, meditation would likely be of much benefit here as well. Jacked up stuff happens, but when you can deal with it with a good dose equanimity, you are much less likely to be overly perturbed by those events.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Injury and recovery