Cervical Neck Injury

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Cervical Neck Injury

Postby michelehelene » Tue May 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Hello,

I have just found a book written by Yang, Jwing Ming on back pain and Chi Kung. I had an accident 2 1/2 years ago and have tried many of the conventional ways to recover including fisioterapy, osteopathy and accupunture and have recovered a bit over time, but have still not fully recovered. The problem is tha the doctors can on ly find on the tests a strong lordosis in the neck curve and have diagnosed me with a facterary syndrome. I have a problem especially in the area C4-C5. Everone says that I should be fully recovered and should go back to doing all of the sports and activities that I had done previousl, but I still have relapses quite often and have not been able to do many types of exercises or fisical activities and before.

I have recently started to do Chi Kung and now have found this book about Chi Kung and back pain, but it is more focused on lumbar pain rather than cervical. Has anyone with a cervical problem practices Chi Kung and has it helped?
michelehelene
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:33 pm

It depends what sorts of movements you are doing. I work my cervicals every day through exercises like the crane neck, turtle neck, dragon neck.

Have you tried a chiropractor? Usually if you have stuff out of alignment they can straighten it - usually if its bad they'll have you go 3x a week for a month or so and also give you exercises specific for your condition.

lol May...I dont look here often....
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby michelehelene » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:30 am

Hello joeblast

Thank you for your reply. I have tried osteopatía and it helped some, but has not solved the problem.

Can you tell we where I can find the exercises your mentioned:

Crane Neck
Turtle Neck
Dragon Neck
michelehelene
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:15 am

Turtle neck and crane neck are in a lot of mantak chia's books. dragon neck I never heard of until I learned Xing Shen Zhuang. I'll pm you with details.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby yeniseri » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:25 pm

joeblast wrote:Turtle neck and crane neck are in a lot of mantak chia's books. dragon neck I never heard of until I learned Xing Shen Zhuang. I'll pm you with details.

It is a root exercise in Zhineng dong gong and its precursor routine Hexiangzhuang!
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Injury and recovery