snake creeps down-- help, my knee hurts

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

snake creeps down-- help, my knee hurts

Postby roh mih » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:32 am

For weeks, or about a month now, I've been feeling a little pain in my left knee whenever I do Snake Creeps Down to the right. The result is that I can't bend down my left knee low enough as I want to. Can someone tell me why this happened? What did I do wrong? Or maybe, it's just that I have reached the maximum level such that I can't bend my knee any lower. Is my case serious? How can I get rid of the pain?
roh mih
Forum User

Postby zipwolf » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:13 am

Sounds to me like you've injured the cartilage (Pain and sudden loss of flexibility/ablity to move the joint). If you can still move it, its probably not super serious YET. Go see a doctor, get yourself a knee support, avoid training low stances or anything involving jumping/jarring movements to your knee for a while, and rest it up.

If you keep training, you risk SERIOUS Cartilage injury, and thats NOT fun.

EDIT: Ibuprofen can help ease the pain and swelling, but this should NOT BE USED TO CONTINUE TRAINING! If you take it, and keep training, say g'bye to cartilage in your knee. The swelling is there to protect your cartilage from further injury, its your bodies repsonse to the damage. (Swelling is also usually what stiffens the joint up and inhibits motion in injuries like this). Only take ibuprofen if the pain is absolutely insanely terrible.
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby roh mih » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:28 pm

Thanks so much! That's what I suspected to-- injured cartilage. But it's not that serious, I guess. There is no swelling. Just a slight pain when I do the posture. I could still move my joint as usual. But I'll take your advice, particularly avoiding low stances and getting knee support. No, I won't take Ibuprfen. I don't think I need it. :-)

Thanks again. Would appreciate further advise.
roh mih
Forum User

Postby darth_freak » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:40 pm

you can gently massage your knee. Eat cartilage from chicken or porc, it helps to recover. Otherwise you can get pills which contains the same things as cartilage; it's easier to "eat".
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Injury and recovery