Fractured ankle.

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Fractured ankle.

Postby Tarandus » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:46 am

About four years ago I arrived at my local railway station to get a train to work and found the gate locked. It was about 6 feet high. I was in a hurry, so I climbed on top of the gate and jumped off the other side. Unfortunately, one of my trouser legs caught on the spikes on top of the gate, so I landed on one foot (the trouser leg got torn on the way down). As a result, I sustained an avulsion fracture of my right ankle and some serious soft tissue damage. I couldn't walk, had to get an ambulance, was on crutches for several days, etc. I'd learned the Yang Cheng Fu long form by then, and had just allowed my Chi to develop naturally through co-ordinated breathing and intention. But I'd never practised 'leading' my Chi before. But I decided to practise leading it to my ankle. I found it developed a very warm, soothing feeling in the fractured area and within a week I was able to do the long form again, albeit with small steps. After two weeks, leading my Chi in this way, I was able to do the form with long steps. Was this just my imagination, or did I really make a swift recovery? I suppose I'll never know.
Despite that rapid early progress, my ankle has never been 100%, but is now 90 to 95% allright. Funnily enough, I've found that practising Yang Jwing Ming's sword form recently has really helped it. I think False Stance really helps it, particularly when I concentrate on lifting my right heel as high as possible, with the toes/ball of the right foot in contact with the ground. Regards, T.
Tarandus
Forum Guru

Postby joshmathews » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:06 am

Hi Tarandus...

Thank god you almost got it back. It's possible just because you get a good treatment. Can you tell me more about Yang Jwing Ming's sword? It will be helpful to me.
joshmathews
Forum Newbie

Return to Injury and recovery