Bruised feeling on top/side of foot

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Bruised feeling on top/side of foot

Postby keniz138 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:04 pm

Have been practicing Tai Chi for about 8 months now. Shortly after started (dunno if coincidence) one pair of shoes that I had really started bothering me on the top/side of my foot right in the area of the ball of my foot. It almost felt like there was a bruise, but I could see nothing. Eventually, it felt a bit numb and tingley.

After dealing for a while, I bought some new shoes and the pain of this subsided substantially. However, whenever I am wearing shoes of any kind, I can "feel" the area annoying me, although it does not hurt badly at all. If I rub it, again, it feels like there is a bruise way down but there is visibly nothing wrong. If nothing is on contact with the area (even while practicing) I feel no pain and am not even aware of it.

Any thoughts?
keniz138
Forum Regular

pain

Postby dc » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:28 pm

i'm almost positive you've strained a ligament. the same thing happened to me about a month ago. just make sure you're resting it i.e. don't do anything that aggravates it. your shoe switch was a good idea, because i'm pretty sure that was my problem as well. other than that, ice and anti-inflammatory should help as well...good old western medicine.
dc
Forum Guru

Postby keniz138 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:59 am

question: is it possible to develop a bunion from doing tai chi barefoot?
keniz138
Forum Regular

Return to Injury and recovery