Medicinal herbs

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Medicinal herbs

Postby furtif » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:13 pm

Hi everybody

I am a herbal therapist and i looking for more information about what Master Yang teach about that. Maybe some book are write on that.

Thank and sorry for my basic english.
keep practice
furtif
Forum User

Postby abersold » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:26 am

I will give some feedback, but cannot speak for him directly obviously:

About 9 years ago I was at his Massage Workshop and had time to talk to him the expierences and uses of herbs he used. From a snapshot conversation his training echoed " Traditional Massage healing utilizing Fall and stike injurys (poultices, soaks, internal herbs). he has published some in Analysis of Shaolin Chin Na and in the Bone Marrow Washing book. I had translated these into pinyin, they are very good; some ingredients are a real pain in the A%% to get.

I learned from my White Crane Lineage similar training, many traditional Masters trained this way teaching massage, herbal applications. They are limited for the common everyday problems.

Those two books which have limited herbal formulas are clearly for external injury and Self-Spiritual enlightenment practices. It would be nice if more of his expierences would one day be published, I just dont know how practical they would be without the essence of a master student apprenticeship taught in real live situation.

What are your goals in regards to Chinese Herbal applications?
abersold
Forum Addict

Postby furtif » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:29 pm

Thanks a lot.

I just want to compare traditional chinese herbal with what i know and try to find the best way to treat injury.
keep practice
furtif
Forum User

Return to Injury and recovery