dit da jow question

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

dit da jow question

Postby goju » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:14 pm

Hello all. I went to chinatown in NYC today and filled the herb wine prescrition ( the third one ) from Dr. Yangs Analysis of Chin Na book. The herbalist in the pharmacy told me to steam the herbs for about 1/2 hour before putting them into a glass container and pouring the alcohol over them. The directions in the book do not say anything about steaming the herbs. Does anyone else use this method? I also am having a hard time finding rice wine, went to three liquor stores. I'm told gin is a good liquor to use instead. On a final note, how much dit da jow will this make? I purchased 2 doses of the prescription. Any insight would be great. Thanks!
goju
Forum User

Postby DOM » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:43 pm

never bought the herbs my self but bought one batch from joush.I think I used about 2 fifths of vodka maybe more,I am not sure exactly though.Contact Josh from artimis if you do not get your answer he should know.I just sent for some raw herbs to make some jow and I ask the about using rice wine.They told me not to us it,insted use vodka.They said you can not find a rice wine strong enough to exstract the herbs in this country.
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby DOM » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:45 pm

p.s never heard of steaming them.I will try to find out though.
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby goju » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:18 pm

Thanks DOM. I'll drop a line to Josh and ask him. When you used 2 fifths of Vodka how much herb did you have? I have a double dose of the herbs so i guess i have to use twice the amount of alcohol. Maybe Josh will know that too.
goju
Forum User

Postby darth_freak » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:16 am

isn't it written in the qinna book how much alcohol you need accodring to the quantity of herbs you have?
I'd tell you but I haven't got the qinna book :oops:

but I think it's something like putting more alcohol than the heighth of herb because herbs will absorb a lot... :roll:
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby abersold » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:33 pm

lightly steaming the herbs helps to open them up in the alcohol, actually a very good tip. Use 60% or better even cognac is excellent. I had these translated many years ago and they are somewhere here..if I remeber correctly there are alot of hard root which steaming is good tip...

another tip is apply after shower/bath when skin is more open, those scripts can be modiefied to a warm poultice also and vice versa...
abersold
Forum Addict

Postby abersold » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:34 pm

lightly steaming the herbs helps to open them up in the alcohol, actually a very good tip. Use 60% or better even cognac is excellent. I had these translated many years ago and they are somewhere here..if I remeber correctly there are alot of hard root which steaming is good tip...

another tip is apply after shower/bath when skin is more open, those scripts can be modiefied to a warm poultice also and vice versa...
abersold
Forum Addict

Return to Injury and recovery