Mouth Ulcers

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Mouth Ulcers

Postby Pooh_Tao » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:53 pm

These things plauge me.

Does anybody know what the causes can be of mouth ulcers or any solutions? I'm a little worried about getting so many of them as I'm guessing its a sign for some internal weakness, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
A fish can't bird, but a bird can fly
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston pie.
Winnie The Pooh

The fish would be foolish to seek escape from its natural environment.
Lao-Tse

Coincidence?
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby Inga » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:56 pm

My understanding is that they can be the result of being run down. I sometimes get them at the end of a cold or virus. No idea why they occur. I have success treating them with a mouthwash made up of a drop of lavender oil or tea tree oil in about a few tablespoons of water. Remember not to swallow it though, it might be okay to ingest the lavender oil, but probably not a good idea on the tea tree. If you do this make sure you use 100 percent pure essential oil, not a dilution or mixture. I just checked one of my texts :

"Mouth ulcers are caused by a minor viral infection. Make a mouthwash by adding one teaspoon of the mixture below to a glass of warm water. Swish well around the mouth but do not swallow: 2 drops peppermint, 4 drops lemon, 2 drops geranium and 2 drops thyme diluted in 1 dessertspoon brandy." This is from The Fragrant Pharmacy by Valerie Ann Worwood.

I know that cinnamon and clove are anti-viral oils, so perhaps if the above sounds a bit much try rinsing first with a homemade mouthwash made with one of these oils, again using a drop or two. Final point, if you use thyme make sure you get white thyme, not red thyme. Some aromatherapists recommend against using thyme at all as it must be used with caution, but I have used white thyme in small doses with good effect for nearly 10 years.
Inga
Admin

Postby Pooh_Tao » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:26 am

Thanks Inga :)

I'll try that now.
Winnie The Pooh

Lao-Tse

Coincidence?
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby TonyM. » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:51 pm

This has worked for me. Ask the pharmacist for some gentain violet. You won't need a perscription. Lance the mouth ulcer with a sterile needle from the side. Apply gentain violet with a Q tip. Reapply two or three times in the first day. (Do not spill. This stuff will stain anything.) The mouth ulcer will be gone by the second or third day.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Postby zipwolf » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:55 pm

I usually get them after eating LOADS of high sugar sweets. Thats just personally.
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

how ya getting on?

Postby Inga » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:51 pm

Pooh_Tao, have you tried any of the suggestions we had? What is the result...?
Inga
Admin

Postby zipwolf » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:02 pm

Yeah dude? If not, i'll totally hurt you when i come back on the nineteenth! :P
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Pooh_Tao » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:03 pm

Well I must confess I ended up not doing it, because I found it was actually suprisingly soothing to rinse my mouth out with green tea, and plus the mouth ulcer healed pretty quickly, I asked because I thought I felt another one coming on. In the end it didn't develop.

But thanks for the replies, I'll try them next time I get one. Is it likely that practicing qigong would work as a good preventative measure? I'm hoping to get myself into a routine whereby I do the 8 pieces of brocade every morning.
Winnie The Pooh

Lao-Tse

Coincidence?
Pooh_Tao
Forum Contributor

Postby mookie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:23 pm

take a centrum everyday, usually these things are a vitamen deficiency. also rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide when you have sores.
mookie
Forum Regular

Postby kame » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:28 pm

BRUSH your teeth....

Mom say, drink more water....

yee hay ahh..
kame
Forum Regular

Return to Injury and recovery