Russian Kettlebell

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Russian Kettlebell

Postby Walter Wong » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:19 pm

Worth looking into recover from injuries, prevent injuries or even if you haven't had injuries it'll help keep you from getting injured from the demands of Martial Arts training. It's not just for recovery and injury prevention, it'll help you become more explosive in training and sparring and just overall a powerful conditioning tool. I'm currently taking Russian Kettlebell classes under Mandla Nkosi. Fortunately he's taking Tai Chi classes here at Boston YMAA so he's teaching Russian Kettlebell here so that's fortunate for me. But have a look into it. Only take the classes with a certified instructor. You'll find a list of certified instructors in the link below if you navigate around a bit.

http://www.russiankettlebell.com/
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby darth_freak » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:00 am

I think Ben had told me about that in Portugal. So if he has been training with that you could ask him the benefits. but when you say "recover from injuries" I wonder how I could get my knee better with that :roll:
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby zipwolf » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:20 am

Arent stone locks very similar? And wouldnt Dr Yang think thats waaaaaaaaay cooler then a kettleball :P.

You can buy stone locks online, so why not!?
zipwolf
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Walter Wong » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:02 am

Ben is far more advanced than me at the Russian Kettlebell. He's been training it longer than me. He's aiming for going for his certification for it. And I saw the syllabus. I was blown away by what they have to do to get certified. The certification is INTENSE. But the regular training is as intense as you want to make it.

They have a messege board for Russian Kettlebell. I'm not that well knowledgable enough to give great details on the workout itself. I'm still trying to learn to do it right.

As for knees, it's all about alignment. It helps joints and strengthen connective tissue.

But join their messege board and talk to the guys that's been doing it for years for better detail and descriptions. I just wanted to help spread the word on this workout. :D
This is a thought world part of a thought universe. Man is the center of thought. "I think. Therefore I am."
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby Walter Wong » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:10 pm

zipwolf wrote:Arent stone locks very similar? And wouldnt Dr Yang think thats waaaaaaaaay cooler then a kettleball :P.

You can buy stone locks online, so why not!?

They both are fine.

Master Yang in facts likes the Russian Kettlebell workout taught here at headquarters. So he is quite open to Mandla teaching it here.

Please email Mandla sometime:
[email protected]
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby Walter Wong » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:14 pm

darth_freak wrote:I think Ben had told me about that in Portugal. So if he has been training with that you could ask him the benefits. but when you say "recover from injuries" I wonder how I could get my knee better with that :roll:

Bad knees, bad back and etc. you can still do it under proper guidance from a certified Russian Kettlebell instructor.

It's worth giving a try before dismissing it for any reason. But be sure the instructor is a certified one. If you find an instructor in your area, confirm with that link I gave in my previous post if they are certified.
Walter Wong
Forum God

Postby darth_freak » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:06 am

hmm
thanks Walter :) . I'll think about giving it a try. I don't have much time though and I feel fine for the moment (it's amazing how ma bu training soothed my knees :shock: )

I'll see if there're instructors...there must be at least one in Paris I guess. I'll check that list you talk about.
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Griffin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:47 pm

What's the difference between Russian Kettlebells and U.S. Kettlebells?
Griffin
Forum User

Return to Injury and recovery