Thumb injury and weird jow reaction

Discuss and share your injury experiences, your healing process and methods. Help your fellow students recover. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Thumb injury and weird jow reaction

Postby willseitz » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:42 am

I returned to sparring recently and the first dang on banged my thumb. It was a significant hit and later I could not put my glove on and it swelled up. It felt like justa muscle injury so I wasn't too worried.

I went home and put Dit Dat Jow on it (made by Jim Noble using a recipe from the Chin na book). The side on my thumb turned red and the base turned black. I wasn't too worried. My usual experience with Jow has been that bruises become bright red and spread out, but heal very quickly. Anyway, I applied Jow a few times a day and my bruise has spread significantly. My palm, meat of the thumb area (including the back of the hand) and a bit of my wrist are now black and yellow. The bright red spot has migrated to the base of my index finger. This is after 3 days.

It doesn't hurt that much but the reaction is pretty crazy. This is maybe the worst injury I have used Jow extensively for and was wondering if other people had similiar experiences or have some insights.
willseitz
Forum User

Postby TonyM. » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:25 am

You're bleeding internally. Get it checked out.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Return to Injury and recovery