Should one take the opertunity ?

Discuss sparring, training applications in a competition environment, or even in real-life (fighting, self-defence). Please no violence!
And stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

In sparing to help train an unexperienced fighter, should you capitalize on the opertunity to hurt your partner?

Yes
8%
No
50%
Yes, but not bad.
42%

Total votes : 24

the art of discussion

Postby deinfami » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:47 pm

I really appreciate the manner in which DOM, Sarcasm, and the others really dig in and question one another. I am new to YMAA but not martial arts. The manner in which this discussion really took off shows that people are passionate about all of this.... and the bantering back and forth.... I would argue....... is forum sparring...... I have been trained to be aware of your surroundings and environment (spatial awareness), be respectful of your opponent (or go to war), and never hit any harder than you want to be hit (this is arguably an interesting philosophy).....

At any rate, as I sat and read the postings (and then went back and read them again), I saw thoughtful, INTENSE, sparring right here in the forum! Wow. Thanks for the candid responses and daring attempts to sort through the mind's eye. I really liked the observation that typed words cannot portray body language, etc..... and I liked how everyone really jumped at the opportunity to spar our way through this.

:arrow: For me, this is what YMAA is all about.......
deinfami
Forum User

Return to Sparring and Fighting