Xingyi-Wing Chun

Discuss sparring, training applications in a competition environment, or even in real-life (fighting, self-defence). Please no violence!
And stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Xingyi-Wing Chun

Postby Balloo » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:26 am

What do you guys think of xingyi as compared to wc as far as combat apps and pricinples? How would you go about choosing one between the 2
Balloo
Forum Regular

Postby SnakeFist » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi Balloo

I've only joined about a week ago and I have only just seen your post.

I have no experience of Xing-Yi but I do of Wing Chun, I have been with the same Sifu now for 15 Years in the Yip Man lineage (my one and only Sifu). My Grandmaster is one of Yip Man's top 5 students, so I would say I can help you with the Wing Chun part of your questions.
SnakeFist
Forum Newbie

Postby Josh Young » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Xing yi should take longer to learn, but about as long to master. Both are good, but it might be easier to find good instruction in WC, than it is for XY. Largely because of Yip Man.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby internalfist » Fri May 07, 2010 5:44 pm

I think Xingyi and WC combined would be a very nice combination.
internalfist
Forum Contributor

Postby yeniseri » Thu May 20, 2010 7:34 am

Josh Young wrote:Xing yi should take longer to learn, but about as long to master. Both are good, but it might be easier to find good instruction in WC, than it is for XY. Largely because of Yip Man.

Actually xingyi (shenfa and jibengong) is alot easier than WC regarding a functional and total CMA system! Xingyi was a template of the Chinese army when it began to modernize due to the functional teaching methodology. Bajiquan is the same way!

WC is functional on its own merit. Location of an instructor would determine which one you ended up with!
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Sparring and Fighting