qigong, life force, plants, trees, etc...

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

qigong, life force, plants, trees, etc...

Postby kpinkert » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:22 pm

I have been doing the brocade for about a year and began doing stake standing about 6 months ago. I have been overwhelmed by how much the standing has improved all aspects of my self. Standing qigong is truly a hidden gem that should be enjoyed by everyone.

Each day I seem to grow and learn more and more about chi flow and my body, inside and out.

I have also began to really take great notice of nature, mainly plants and trees. I cannot help myself now-a-days. I almost always have to stroke the leaves of plants and trees when I walk by them. It is not just the inside of my palms but the back of my hands really enjoy the experience as well. I do not really have any sense of chi flow from the plants, but I suspect that is coming down the road... Does anyone else find themselves doing this? Or am I an odd ball? 8)

Kevin
kpinkert
Forum User

Postby TonyM. » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:34 am

1. yes
2. no
Sounds like it's time for five points and skin/marrow breathing.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Postby kpinkert » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:16 pm

Well I am at least familiar with skin/marrow breathing, but could you tell me a little more about the five points? Thanks.
kpinkert
Forum User

5 points

Postby jon2658 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:31 am

as far as im aware 5 points is breath in through the crown, point in centre of both hands, and bubbling well point through both soles of feet. that makes 5 points. draw the energy into your dantien, then back out the way it came on the exhale. i like to mix it about a bit- i find that reverse ab breathing intensifies the feeling a lot more. i dunno about anyone else, but i liken the feeling to sucking milkshake up through a straw!
jon2658
Forum User

Postby Archonstone » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:26 pm

Is the Brocade techniques (buying the book) similiar to the external 8 elements (feng shui) and does that co-relate that to the internal 5 elements? And if it does how do the heavenly stems relate internally?
Archonstone
Forum Newbie

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung