Which form first in the morning: standing or brocades?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Which form first in the morning: standing or brocades?

Postby carry » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:02 pm

Hi,

I currently do two forms in the morning: the 8 pieces of brocade (full set) and standing pole / zhan zhuang / wuji qigong (20 minutes). Any suggestions on which form to do first?

Tnx!
carry
Forum Newbie

Postby TonyM. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:05 am

I do them exactly as you have them written. Actually I start with the sun salutation to get my circulation going. Try gradually increasing the wuji in five minute encrements. Moving chi gong and taolu should follow.
TonyM.
Forum Contributor

Postby carry » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:36 am

Thanks for replying Tony. Just a couple of additional questions: for how much time do you do your wuji? Actually, I'm perfectly content with the 20 minutes. Also, taolu does not really ring a bell. Could you expand just a little bit? Thansk again.
carry
Forum Newbie

Postby scramasax57 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:15 pm

taolu = forms
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby carry » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:36 pm

Clear enough, thanks Eric
carry
Forum Newbie

Postby kpinkert » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:06 pm

In the morning, I do them just like was stated. I do the full set of brocade first. I seem to take longer then other people however. I only do 12 sets of each brocade but that still takes 30 minutes. If I do 24 sets, it takes 1 hour. The "two hands hold the feet to strengthen the kidney and waist" take a lot of time for me. 12 sets takes around 10 to 15 minutes and 24 sets take me about 30 minutes. Anyway, I only do 12 sets, or 30 minutes worth. Then I always spend 5 minutes in the wuji stance. I purposely do not hurry that. Then I spend 15 to 20 minutes in one standing stance. I do not cycle thru any stances during the morning standing. Then I spend almost 15 more minutes doing moving qigong. I altnernate the stance I hold for 15 minutes. Sometimes I do stances that do not normally get done during the evening set.

In the evening, I do a full standing set of 8 stances, holding each one for 5 minutes, including the wuji stance (this adds up to 45 minutes). This is followed by 15 minutes of moving qigong.
kpinkert
Forum User

Postby goju » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:45 pm

Hello all. I am new to the 8 pieces of brocade. Dr. Yangs DVD says that the sitting set should be practiced before noon. Is it safe to do the sitting set upon waking up and the standing in the afternoon or evening? Thank's.
goju
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung